Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Timed out For Asset To Load

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:59 PM (1 replies)
  • Rave01
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:38 PM

Hi all , Oh late i have had quite a few instances where i get a really slow load ? the message Timed out for asset to load appears and most times will clear when try again is clicked.

Not game to play alt games as I'm not a quitter and hate messing players around ? I have checked all that i can think of my end and have even removed all options except auto cam but it still occurs. Sometimes if i reboot it will not let me back in ?

I"m not a computor buff so any explaination would need to be keep it simple stupid mode ?  Is it me or wgt ???

Bob 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:59 PM

Rave01:
    Hi all , Oh late i have had quite a few instances where i get a really slow load ? the message Timed out for asset to load appears and most times will clear when try again is clicked.

This is usually an ISP issue or a slow server. I've had that problem for about a month now but I'm pretty sure it's on my end, like a dying laptop.  :-(  In your case, a quick fix sometimes is to unplug your modem power supply for 30 seconds and plug it back in. This forces your ISP to reconnect and a lot of times the problem goes away.

Clearing your cache might help if you have a corrupt file in there from WGT but will also cause a slight loading delay because those good files would have to be reloaded. Your game settings will change, too. Just change them back. Also, right click in the Play Now box and go to Settings at the bottom. Make sure the box that pops up is set to at least 100kb.

RSS