Forums

Help › Forums

Deleted Post

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:58 PM (4 replies)
  • theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 2:30 PM

I notice a lot of players it seems to me do not like to play an evenly paced round and finish the round in how much time it should reasonably take,some players even tho I give them a 60 second timer in all of my games,take it all or most of it to hit their ball,some will take 54 seconds just to hit the ball,and this goes for putts as short as 1 foot..some have even timed out cutting it that close,opening the round up for an errors to come up and another can of worms is opened,a lot do this just to get others mad because.. they can..,I can see taking a bit longer to hit the ball if you are a hack and just starting on this site,but tour pros,and all other levels above,should not have to take any longer then 15 to 20 secs maximum to hit the ball on any shot,I like a well paced game,but some I think have another window open and are playing something else and clicking between the two games.. I do not play like that.ever.. if your going to play the round..PLAY it.,...it would be nice if.. W G T..put in a boot player option for the host only ..and these slow players could be warned by the host to speed up or risk being booted...they might then after a while.. get the message to speed up a bit

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 3:34 PM

It does suck when this happens while waiting to get a game started, I'll agree. But you must consider this scenario as well. I've set my likings for a round, usually ranked and play anywhere for a 9 hole stroke. I am ALWAYS looking for a 4-some round. Okay so the game put me in a room, I see that it is set for either 2 or 3 players. I'll exit and go back through the motions of my likings for a round and BAM, I end up in the same room again. After this plays out 3 times or more, I usually move on to some other type of game or jsut play a CC tourny round alone. Not saying that there aren't butt wipes out there that would do this just to aggravate ya, but this isn't always the case with all  :)

Thanks

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 7:36 PM

Seems the trouble is that players looking for a game will not set there search for the kind of game they wish to enter. You can set for a random game, tier, and timer. I play only 90 sec. and amateur+ and that is what I search on, in both AS and skins. Match games I only play friends, so there isn't a problem there. So, people try using the right criteria when looking for games and everyone will be more likely to get what your looking for a lot easier.

• MulliganPatty
    885 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 8:48 AM

genegold2:

Seems the trouble is that players looking for a game will not set there search for the kind of game they wish to enter. You can set for a random game, tier, and timer. I play only 90 sec. and amateur+ and that is what I search on, in both AS and skins. Match games I only play friends, so there isn't a problem there. So, people try using the right criteria when looking for games and everyone will be more likely to get what your looking for a lot easier.

There are times when narrowing your criteria means it takes a bit longer for the person matching that criteria to join a game.  I don't mind waiting. What makes me mad is when the person creating the (i.e. alt shot) game quits - the othes move up and all of a sudden no one can start the game because they don't see all 4 players. The game is shot. You have to start over. 

Then, of course, you have problems because people on your list are green but don't accept invites.  Doesn't green mean you are avalable. I just don't understand why people sit with their light on green but they won't play.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Have fun out there. Patty

RSS