Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ghost Video

Sat, Feb 2 2013 10:27 AM (7 replies)
  • dandycap
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:56 PM

Hi evry1 Wondering if there is someone who could help me solve a problem. When I'm on the forum and there is a video to watch (example - yancy) I can not see it. I get the sound, ok. The video is progressing but all I see is a white ghostly image. Cache & cookies = clean, Flash = updated, Brouser = internet explorer, Toshiba satellite = 10 mo. old. I imagine it might be a box to check somewhere on the control panel but where would one start? Or something else. just dandy

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 1:44 PM

Shucks, I thought you caught a ghost on camera.  Sorry, I hope you get it figured out.

• dandycap
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:01 PM

LOL -- I wish I did Bubba.   WGT got me looking like one on the greens.  just dandy

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 6:58 PM

dandycap:
    video to watch

Just here on WGT or every where (YouTube)? Could be missing the correct codex for the video you are not seeing.

• dandycap
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 3:10 AM

Ya Zio its just here on wgt.  I double checked you tube, news video, sports, commercials and all those work fine.  Codex (?) now there's a new word.  lol  I'm a master with hand tools but my drill and hammer won't help the computer.  just dandy

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 3:22 PM

I'm not 100% sure but look to see if you have both of these Allowed in the global setting of flash.

• media5.wgt.com
    • s.ytimg.com

you can manually add them.

dandycap:
    Codex (?) now there's a new word.

A codec is a computer program that both shrinks large movie files, and makes them playable on your computer. Codec programs are required for your media player to play your downloaded music and movies.

***guess I spelled it wrong with an "X" ***

• dandycap
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2013 6:17 AM

Ziomio  -  I feel you have put me on the right track. I have a media player but before I download a codec package I have to figure and understand the different versions and series.  Somewhat complicated for me LOL. In the meantime, I found when I click on you yube (on the bottom of the screen) it takes me to another page and I can watch  the video.  Yes, I do allow both media5 & s.ytimg (good suggestion).  You know you play to much wgt when you settle for a bandaid fix for now.  "PLAY BALL"  just dandy

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2013 10:27 AM

Ghost video?

Not working?

Sayin......

My name is Yancy

RSS