Forums

Help › Forums

Re: BSOD

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:12 AM (7 replies)
  • Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 5:31 PM

I am currently getting BSOD'd to death.  Haven't seen anything like this is many years.

Running WinXP HE SP1.

First...

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Then...

win32k.sys address BF80354F base at BF800000, datestamp 50a1a16d

Then...

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Checked with MS updates, but there are no high priority updates needed at this time.

Googled all three and found lots of suggestions.  Followed some of them.

Have no idea what started this, and not sure what to do about it.  

Keeping my fingers crossed that it has stopped.

Warren

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 5:35 PM
  • Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 11:14 PM

Thanks Jim.  They recommend d/l'ing and installing DriverUpdate, which I did.  Ran the scan, found 17 drivers need fixing.  Here's the catch, they want $29.95  to register the program.

Wondering if my power supply is starting to go south?

Warren 

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 11:33 PM

You can also do this under the Device Manager tree. Just right click and open everything up and right click again and you will see in the drop down menu "Update Driver"

I had to do this myself when I could not find out why my audio speakers were not working but Windows stated they were alright. Can not live without my "Ding" sound of a driver on here...lol

Also any additional drivers that are outdated or hard to find, you might try my friends site. Who is a Software Engineer with lot's of good downloads and tutorials.

eddiejackson.net

Good Luck

Joe

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 9:22 AM

josephk2317:
    You can also do this under the Device Manager tree. Just right click and open everything up and right click again and you will see in the drop down menu "Update Driver"

Thanks Joe, I did this, but WinXP couldn't find any updated drivers.

Warren

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 3:33 PM

Tresclub:
    Ran the scan, found 17 drivers need fixing

The scan should show the driver name and version needed. I would do a google search for them or at least visit the manufacturer's support pages for the new drivers.

The $29.95 just automates it for you. You have an idea now which ones could use updating.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 3:52 PM

Go to the website of your computers maker. They usually will have up to date drivers for your machine, free.

I got a Nvidia driver from Acer's website a few years ago, and my computer was not under warranty anymore. You will need to give your computers model number and serial number.

• Proruff
    94 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:12 AM

Lenovo T410 WinXP SP3

I was getting BSOD about 2-3 times a week for a year.   Support talked me through retrieving a log file which had a text entry for every time the comp restarted after the fail. 

Every one of those entries referred to  'ricoh' , so I poked around Device Manager and found that the integrated camera on the laptop was in fact a Ricoh device controlled by a Ricoh device driver.

As I never use the camera I disabled it and the BSOD problem seems to have disappeared.

Wish I could remember where the recovery log file was found.  Somewhere in a folder on C:

RSS