Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Snowmageddon? Snowpocalypse?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 9 2013 6:16 AM (2 replies)
  • JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:13 PM

The northeast US is being violated by Mother Nature without the courtesy of dinner first or even a reach around during.

I think I'm going to miss the worst of it, living in central Maine.  The worst will pass south of us and we may ONLY get 2 feet.  Boston area 3 feet looks likely.  A nor'easter met an artic clipper over Massachusetts and the result is Nemo, replete with 70+ MPH winds, thundersnow, and blue lightning.  I have friends in Rhode Island that say they have 20" of snow at what is supposed to be the midpoint of the storm, and Cambridge Mass reported snowfalls of 5" per hour at 11PM EST Friday night.

EVERYONE, stay warm and be safe if you are in this area.  Or even if you aren't.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 5:54 AM

I grew up in ass deep snow and blizzards, know real well what you dealing with. Throw some extra wood inside, stock up on the beer for the kids and hot cocoa for the old folks. get that huge pot of chili going and stay safe J.

Renni

• Gearman
    122 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 6:16 AM

30 inches in Attleboro,MA and still a few hours of snow left to come. I love New England.

RSS