Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Quitters

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:33 PM (55 replies)
  • gofbals
    178 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:24 AM

Calling anyone anything because its annoying does not allow that same person giving out names a free pass when they do something annoying to another.

Taken from the humble book of confusious snake piss.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 1:21 PM

Lobsterboy:
    making us wait in the lobby for 5 minuets to restart the game on the 9th and saving himself 50 credits . . . unreal

WHAT? I don't really play credit games, but surely if he quits for what ever reason, the player has done his dosh?

If not that needs urgent rectification by WGT.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 2:39 PM

alanti:

Lobsterboy:
    making us wait in the lobby for 5 minuets to restart the game on the 9th and saving himself 50 credits . . . unreal

WHAT? I don't really play credit games, but surely if he quits for what ever reason, the player has done his dosh?

If not that needs urgent rectification by WGT.

Totally agree buddy . . . WGT would just say they couldn't be sure if he quit or lost his connection so wouldn't make him pay . . . I can tell you for sure he quit.

I would say if you enter into a challenge match you should pay no matter what.

If your connection is dodgy . . . don't play them . .

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 3:34 PM

Lobsterboy:

I would say if you enter into a challenge match you should pay no matter what.

If your connection is dodgy . . . don't play them . .

100% agree, should be part of the conditions. Would like Icons take on this one.

I had no idea this was the case and by WGT adopting this stance just encourages the quitters.

Edit - just looked at the T&C for challenges - I could not see anything about non-completion, only the WGT Fee is non-refundable. Does this mean the winning player misses out because of a quiter/non-completion but WGT still get their slice of the pie?

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:15 PM

alanti:
    Edit - just looked at the T&C for challenges - I could not see anything about non-completion, only the WGT Fee is non-refundable. Does this mean the winning player misses out because of a quiter/non-completion but WGT still get their slice of the pie?

People who quit or forfeit don't get their credits refunded, I've always got my winnings when somebody quit.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:33 PM

Thanks for the clarification. In this case Lobster should contact WGT - as I said earlier, amazing if this was the case, as I fear many would quit on the last hole.

RSS