Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A massive Army vs an Office.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 7 2013 4:24 AM (7 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 2:53 PM

OK, enough of the %itching and moaning. I am about to stop commenting on posts on the forums. We have all seen so many posts about multi accounters, VEM, the C word and the WTF shots. WGT has us by the balls, $3.00-$5.00 dollars a sleeve. STOP, just STOP, if we all play one hole a night to get our CDP, don't buy anything at all, don't lose a ball, and take a few days off, just play the one hole. Could we get some ones attention?  There are players who have credits out their ying yang who won't do it. I bet 90% of us don't. Instead of all the forum posts (other than the ones asking for help) let the powers at WGT make a post, asking where the hell everyone went. Maybe, just Maybe some things will get better. I have the balls, how about the rest of the WGT community?

Ren out.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:04 PM

A boycott will do only one thing, bring less revenue in for WGT, and then in turn less and less will be offered, or worst case scenario, the business would close.

I for one will continue playing, I still get as much enjoyment from the game and playing with friends as when I started. Sadly I do not have "credits out of my ying yang" and am happy to put my money in for that enjoyment.

Yes we all suffer some VEM and WTF WGT moments but hey, its a GAME. Yes there are people who abuse the system and this also happens in every facet of real life but do we throw the toys out of the cot everytime something doesn't go our way? No.

If you are not enjoying it take a break from it and come back in a few weeks (and what difference does a CDB mean if you have nothing to look forward to), or just kit up with starters equipment and challenge yourself to see what you can score.

And I am hopeful that WGT are listening to our requests - at least its a positive step in the right direction

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:10 PM

I'm not leaving, just tired of all the same old same old posts. Made a suggestion, may have been a wrong one. We'll see.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:25 PM

The boycott idea could unfortunately only work, if members, who actually take part in these forums, would represent the majority of players. Unfortunately, they seem to be in a vast minority. I've started playing random matches outside my circle of friends (mostly MPCs) lately and have only come across 2 people, who I can actually remember having posted in these forums (and my memory is excellent). Another thing, there's a lot of members from my country (not sure why I can only see IDs up to the letter B - 5 pages). I'm sure at least a 100 are active, but nobody besides me is posting.

Maybe the lack of communication from WGT and lack of consideration of some suggestios have something to do with the fact that the forum community is in fact only a drop in the ocean, when it comes to numbers.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:33 PM

renniw52:
    just tired of all the same old same old posts.

Ditto..   one of the reasons you dont see me much in the forums lately.

Same ol same ol, with no responses from WGT.
    Same old FAQ that are outdated.

Yet, we will be adorned with some other kind of  trinket to spend our hard earned on.

Your suggestion is a very good one renn, don't be deterred if it doesn't happen.

However, you are looking at regular a forum community which is at best 10% of the WGT membership.
    then there are the others who arent so regular, who just cannot navigate these forums properly anyway.

If, just the regular 10% took heed and fulfilled your suggestion, it is the remaining 90% which are still raking it in for the WGT.

:(

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:52 PM

PUHOLINO:
    if members, who actually take part in these forums, would represent the majority of players. Unfortunately, they seem to be in a vast minority.

Well said Sir .

OPY  iaaRft

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 3:28 AM

Good points guys. Maybe our floggings will stop, if our morale improves.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 4:24 AM

I will be honest , now has soon as i see  a whinning post or a negative post  i skip it ......   i look  for  positive post in the forums ,where i feel i can comment .  Renniw you have lately made some verry good  thread ,and that is great .     and like most of us older gents  we get better but , we (I) am about has good has i am going to get , and i am happy with that.   I make friends,and i am able to compete, i win some and i loose some .    Some days  everything is good my game is fair ,some days i cant par any courses ,i beleive WGT has nothing to do with my bad shot ,and my good shot . This is a game that has become a passion for me ,i accept the fact that i can not play well all the time ,and i apreciate those days, those shots,  where i get the  WOW,Great shot comment .        Renniw keep up your great generous and positive post ,and not to tell you what to do , but i have a saying when i am not playing well , i tell myself tommorow is another day .   Francois (Frapp)

RSS