Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Herky Jerky

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 8 2013 11:20 PM (8 replies)
  • Philfan1
    5 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 1:18 PM

Why is my arrow so jerky when it slides over to hit the ball? Does that make sense? I have trouble stopping it in the right spot because it is jerking aroun so much.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 1:45 PM

This is the dreaded meter problem. There are probably lebenty-zillion posts regarding it, if you search with those terms. 

There are solutions available, based on controlling your own system. These have do do with Flash versions, browser type, and background processes. They have very little to do with clearing cache and Flash memory, although that's the preferred advise offered by WGT.

The actual problem revolves around the fact that these personal systems are not real-time operating systems. The ability of WGT to overcome those limitations is marginal and is REALLY marginal if one doesn't have the very best of programmers with intimate knowledge of operating systems. It is worsened because Flash is a 3rd party solution that more or less restricts one to the capabilities offered by the API.

Really good software guys have never considered Flash to be anything other than a potential problem. I wouldn't even allow it on my system for over 10 years.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 1:50 PM

Its considered beating a dead horse, but there was a WGT Product update on March 7th. Everyone should clear their browser cache's.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 2:12 PM

As you can see....it does take some practice!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 2:16 PM

Philfan1:

Why is my arrow so jerky when it slides over to hit the ball? Does that make sense? I have trouble stopping it in the right spot because it is jerking aroun so much.

Its not clear to me...Are you referring to your cursor(arrow) or to the green bar representing the WGT meter??

If its the cursor is jerking around I'd say your PC's CPU is very busy doing 'stuff'.  Could be an anti-virus running or some other process using up your CPU.

• Philfan1
    5 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 5:28 PM

Thank you. What can I do to fix it? I'm not real computer literate.

• Philfan1
    5 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 5:33 PM

Both actually. The jerky action of the green bar meter makes it very difficult to hit the button on my mouse at the right time.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 10:15 PM

Best thing to start is to try another browser.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 11:20 PM

I use Chrome with pepper flash disabled (WGT suggested doing that ages ago an dI have not touched it since).  The PC I use is a good middle of the road thing and apart from a very seldom meter stutter (really very seldom and at some peak time) it all works perfectly!

Not and IT person so that's it from me.................

RSS