Forums

Help › Forums

Re: what are good fairway woods for a high handicapper

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 23 2013 5:21 PM (5 replies)
  • Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2013 8:41 PM

I am picking up the game of golf again after taking about 3 years off from the game. I know there are lots of good golfers on this site in real life, so I'm asking for help/advice on what fairway woods I should buy.

The woods i hit now are the old Taylor Made r580s if that tells you anything, I'm about a 20 handicap and looking to buy new 3 wood and 5 wood.

I hit the ball pretty high in general and usually hit the woods fairly well off the deck, other than the fairway woods in this game I don't know much about the newer clubs that are out there today, so any help from my fellow WGTERS would be much appreciated.

thnx

Wes

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2013 9:23 PM

Wes, the r lls three wood is really good. After that, just get a bunch of hybrids (adams). Have fun.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2013 5:16 AM

You cant go wrong with the TM RBZ, the r11's would be great for a lower handicapper that could swing the additional weight. and benefit from the workability, a high handicapper will have trouble with line and getting the club to fly high.

Hate to beg to differ but the adams hybrids are not that good for a high handicapper for same reasons as above, but you did not ask about hybrids.

The RBZ are great for all levels of golfers and I believe you will have almost no transition from your current woods, other than an increase in distance and forgiveness.

JMHO

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2013 2:15 PM

Thnx guys....anyone else???

• brhthecarpenter
    333 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2013 3:51 PM

wes, i play with the older ping g5 s the 3 wood and 5 wood plus the 19 degree hybrid have really performed well for me.

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2013 5:21 PM

Hey Reese thanks for your response too.....you sound like me with your clubs, I still hit the G5 driver and irons, my 3 wood and 5 wood however are older, and I feel like an upgrade to todays technology is necessary, thnx agian and lets knock em around again soon!!

Wes

brhthecarpenter:

wes, i play with the older ping g5 s the 3 wood and 5 wood plus the 19 degree hybrid have really performed well for me.

RSS