Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT System (Quitting)

Sat, Apr 6 2013 3:37 AM (8 replies)
  • JVALHALLA
    42 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 6:22 AM

I am not going to go on about people quitting instead forfeiting, that has been well covered. But recently the system "crashed" and a notice came from WGT that there was an error and to try again later. This I did, and each time the game crashed just as I took my putt.  On the third time I was told that I had disconnected three times and could not continue.  Will this go as a record against me for "quitting" ?.  

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 7:47 AM

The record is not about quitting but about completing games or not.

Thus, regardless of the nature of game abortion, be it the quitting of the opponent or a  possible system crash on your side of WGT, it will count against you - as far as I know.

And, the issue of multiple involuntary disconnections - perhaps initiated by the other side's quitting - has been present for a long time, no change in sight apparently.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 7:50 AM

Sad to say, yes . The game is not programmed to differentiate between problem error , and player error. So all disconnects , are player error.  This is why I only play stroke play , so it doesnt matter. I tried M/P awhile back , and did enjoy it . However , I got disconnected 2 out of 3 times , when trying to play. It seems that certain game modes , need better programming than others. The worst part though , is that even though players are well aware of this problem , when they look at your record , none of them will take this problem into consideration . Dont worry about it , keep your head up ,and enjoy the game as best you can. Happy Swinging

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 1:43 PM

alosso:
    regardless of the nature of game abortion, be it the quitting of the opponent or a  possible system crash on your side of WGT, it will count against you

The only one it counts against is the one that disconnected.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 3:55 PM

YankeeJim:
    The only one it counts against is the one that disconnected.
    This would be new - from when on?

In the beginning, it counted each failed completion.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 5:37 PM

You might be thinking AS when your partner quits. Opponents quitting on you never affected your status.

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 6:26 PM

In addition you need multiple disconnects before it changes your color from green to yellow. 

It only counts against the disconnect person not sure about the  AS games. I usually will forfeit before it gets to zero and sooner if I KNOW that they just quit. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 9:43 PM

A/S matches have been taken out of the completion %%, I was told. For other MP games, I have never heard before that it would differ between quitters and their victims.

• JVALHALLA
    42 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2013 3:37 AM

Thank you all for your comments, it seems a bit unfair, but so is all life...happy golf !!!

RSS