Help › Forums

Re: If 2013 were a fish...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 7 2013 5:18 PM (4 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2013 4:07 PM

...I'd definitely be throwing it back.

In February one of my wife's sisters died at age 58 due to complications from hepatitis and diabetes.

In March, my mother died at age 86 due to complications from high blood pressure, diabetes and leading a sedentary lifestyle for too long.

Now, this past Friday, my wife's twin sister had a stroke at age 54. At the emergency room she fell from the gurney and broke her wrist. She is in a lot of pain and still being evaluated at the hospital; it looks like she may need dialysis as they discovered her kidneys aren't functioning properly.

While we wonder, "Who or what is next?" I hope this puts a little perspective into those who are vehemently complaining about this game.

This game is not THAT important.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2013 4:34 PM

Sorry to hear all that terrible news that you and your family has suffered, it has indeed been a shocking start to the year.

I agree, this is just a game and has no bearing on what happens in reality and people should always keep that in perspective. Enjoy the game for what it is (a game) as there are many real issues out there that people have to contend with.

My condolences to you and your family for your Mothers and wifes sisters  loss, and best wishes for a positive outcome for your wifes twin sister.

And I hope that there is no what or who next, so stay positive my friend.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2013 5:02 PM

Thank you.

• michele56
    40 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2013 5:18 PM

My sincere condolences to you and  your family

It's so  hard to find words when these sad things happens

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2013 5:48 PM

srellim, stay strong, the family needs a rock right now. You be that rock, my thoughts and prayers are with ya

renni

RSS