Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Best Putting Balls?

Sun, Aug 31 2014 1:45 PM (25 replies)
  • GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:47 AM

superchuck:

The best putting ball is any ball I ain't using.

Roll 'em straight

SC

I have the same disease as this it's tough but one day it will click in (WE HOPE)

GC. 

• hunter818
    50 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:46 AM

bubbadork:

I don't know this for WGT, but a good physics implementation would base the initial speed of a putted ball on the strength of the hit, the mass of the clubhead, and the coefficient of restitution of the ball, just as they do for any other hit. It may be that the speeds are so low, at impact, that those factors are negligible, thus not used. I'd have to crank some numbers.

A good physics program for putting also takes into account the loft of the putter face, since the initial part of the roll is slightly in the air.

As a Pure Math Major here in NMMU (I'm too good looking for physics... kidding of course), I luv you for this imput...

Thank-you,

~Hunter

• hunter818
    50 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:50 AM

Buggyyy:

Just know I've played this game long enough to know. I don't understand why people ask for advice and several top players give them the same answer, yet they continue to question...

I do thank-you for your time and advice... To answer your question... "From my position, I believe it's called 'dialogue'..."

~Hunter

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 9:10 AM

To some maybe there is no difference, but to me there is. When i play Max balls, i find i need to add a little bit extra. Been too long since i used Nikes so i can't comment of them. Callys are what i normally use. And i play with the Rossa putter.

• hunter818
    50 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 9:33 AM

SamanthaWho:

To some maybe there is no difference, but to me there is. When i play Max balls, i find i need to add a little bit extra. Been too long since i used Nikes so i can't comment of them. Callys are what i normally use. And i play with the Rossa putter.

"Thank-You Sister..."

~Hunter

• Diozdoor
    12 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 1:45 PM

superchuck I feel the same way.

RSS