Forums

Help › Forums

Re: balls

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 15 2013 8:47 PM (4 replies)
  • pokerdemon
    62 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 8:13 PM

i'm a tour master I shoot par or alittle better  my problem is I bought 4 sleeve's of nike lvl 48 my first 3 balls I got 6 rounds out of each ball  my next 3 I only got 4 rounds out of each and it went from 205 hits per ball to 145 to 150 per ball what the hell is up with that lot of difference and i'm suppose to keep spending money if this keeps up

• WGTBOBBYSWORLD
    162 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 3:19 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Hey pokerdemon, When you play with a real golf ball it begins to lose compression and eventually becomes less playable. We have a similar concept in WGT where balls purchased from the Pro Shop have a durability factor and will wear out as you use them. You get roughly three rounds of golf with each ball before it wears out.

When a ball wears out you will receive the message that the ball has been "Taken Out of Play".

• pokerdemon
    62 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 8:47 PM

I know that I got 6 rounds out of each ball my first three balls my next new balls I got 4 rounds out of each ball if there new balls I should have got the same amount of rounds out of each ball each ball should have the same amount of rounds 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:53 AM

AFAIK balls endure 90 - 125 strokes (1) while putts on the green do not count. The corresponding table with some examples has been published here yesterday.

Their characteristics do not change, no "compression loss" :)

(1) no numbers for new balls like MAX and TM available.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2013 1:38 AM

To expound a bit...

Putt on the fringe count as a hit on the ball.

Any iron shot (on green or off...and driver/wood shot) count as a hit on the ball.

The only thing that does not count against ball life, is a putt on the green.

Alosso is spot on...your ball will play just as well from first hit to last hit.

RSS