Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Time Cheat

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:07 PM (8 replies)
  • DBotelho
    17 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 8:51 AM

Are there people who use time extending cheats. I think I just played one. It was a 30 second clock and he exceeded it more than once. It was a challenge match. 30 seconds really put tons of pressure on me and I got penalties for going over but he did not when he went over.

• WGTBOBBYSWORLD
    162 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 2:08 PM

Hey DBothelo, This is an issue with flash, which has crashes from time to time. what you should do if it happens to you is the following:

As soon as timer runs out and if nothing happens, reconnect to the game by hitting F5.This applies to the user who's shot it is/timer stuck. If you are watching, then your Flash is working properly.

• DBotelho
    17 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 2:15 PM

Neither timer was sticking. It gave me the penalty for taking too long but his timer was ticking and went over but he got no penalty. Also because he set the game to 30 seconds makes me believe they were cheating.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 2:57 PM

just be cautious of frequent F5's.  I can't be sure, but I'd wager it counts against your disconnect #'s in a round.  2 and lose a hole, 3 lose the match, so watch out :)

• DBotelho
    17 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 4:18 PM

How about a reply from the moderator ?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 11:56 PM

Each player's clock starts and finishes at a slightly different time. I noticed this when playing at work on a desktop while a colleague played on a laptop. (Don't tell the boss) At one point my screen said that the time was up but on her's she still had 5 seconds to go when she played her shot.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2013 10:25 AM

DBotelho:

How about a reply from the moderator ?

You did receive a reply from a moderator above....Another reply for you.

I am not aware of any cheat or program that is out there that can extend time on the shot clock.  I don't think many people would even use a cheat like that because there is very little advantage to it.  If you go into a game with a 30 second shot clock you know that already and should be prepared to hit the shot quick.  Very few people who play get penalized when using the 30 second option.  If you really need more time, most people would just choose the 60 second or 90 second option. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2013 10:43 AM

As we all know, or think we know, there is a cheat (according to some threads in the forum), that slows the Flash Player down. Would this not also slow the users clock down as well without slowing the opponents clock!!!!

Just asking!!!

Mel

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:07 PM

That thing doesn't slow the whole game down, Mel, just the meter. I doubt there's enough time in 30 seconds to use it anyway..

RSS