Forums

Help › Forums

Re: An extremely unusual day's WGT.......

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 18 2013 2:54 PM (3 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 4:31 AM

I am the first to admit that I have wasted way too much time playing WGT over the last 3 and a half years. The reality being that I have actually cut down my playing time over the last 12 months. This has been partly down to burnout, nearly 8,000 ranked rounds does that to you lol. I have also felt the inevitable boredom that comes from the game being made continually easier with ever improving clubs and balls. My focus has gone, the desire to be up there with the best has waned and as a result there has been little to motivate me to play as often as before.

That said I still get enjoyment from the game and can still post some low numbers on my day. Nothing however prepared me for the run of hole outs I have had in the last 24 hours.

Nearly 8,000 ranked rounds - not a single double eagle;

Double eagle on Kiawah no.2

Thousands of rounds on Bethpage, never once eagled the 7th;

Eagle from 225 yards on Beth no.7

As many thousands of rounds on St Andrews, not a single hole in one;

Hole in one on St Andrews no.11

These above are the highlights of an absolutely crazy number of hole outs including Kia 1, 9, 11 &12 for eagles and the same on the 1st of St Andrews. It really has made no sense whatsoever as you always need luck as well as hitting a great shot. I think I may well have used up all my future luck in one day, today.

Anyway it's always good to know that no matter how good I may think I am on any given day, I can still make a king size @rse of any hole. I four putted the 4th on Kiawah just after making the double eagle, lmao.

I hope you'll forgive me for the blatant "hey look what I did" post but this has to be my greatest day's play ever on WGT. I hope it may give others some inspiration :)

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 6:21 AM

Right on, brother!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 2:54 PM

Tiffer, congrats m'friend, outstanding !!! Best I was ever able to muster was three holed approach shots for eagles on the same day, and even that was somewhat  surreal. Of course, I'm nowhere near your playing level, but, I can certainly understand your excitement, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Doc :)

RSS