Help › Forums

Re: New Player

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 20 2013 1:39 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 10:03 PM

Looking at wedges, first get an idea of what clubs you would like to upgrade too then work your way back so you will have evenly spaced clubs.

Most players get rid of the hybrid, as an iron is just as good for rescue. Also remember the punch option with all clubs - its a great way of getting closer when "in-between clubs" and getting out of a bad lie after a wayward drive

I haven't used the spider putter but Andrew is a good player so it cant be bad. New putters do take time to adjust to, so persist in whatever you opt for. I personally used the Ghost form about level 40 to level 85.

As for chipping read the chipping guide under the FAQ. Also I use all types of shots around the green. Basically as a rule of thumb, I never use "chip" if more than 2 yards from the green, less if it is one of the US Open courses. Pitch and flop are better option, punch if it is a really bad lie. Experience helps a lot!

Players usually will help in the forums - it is a community! if you need any help just ask - even hit me up for a game, I am always happy to play with someone who wants to learn. 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 10:14 PM

alanti:

Looking at wedges, first get an idea of what clubs you would like to upgrade too then work your way back so you will have evenly spaced clubs.

Most players get rid of the hybrid, as an iron is just as good for rescue. Also remember the punch option with all clubs - its a great way of getting closer when "in-between clubs" and getting out of a bad lie after a wayward drive

I haven't used the spider putter but Andrew is a good player so it cant be bad. New putters do take time to adjust to, so persist in whatever you opt for. I personally used the Ghost form about level 40 to level 85.

As for chipping read the chipping guide under the FAQ. Also I use all types of shots around the green. Basically as a rule of thumb, I never use "chip" if more than 2 yards from the green, less if it is one of the US Open courses. Pitch and flop are better option, punch if it is a really bad lie. Experience helps a lot!

Players usually will help in the forums - it is a community! if you need any help just ask - even hit me up for a game, I am always happy to play with someone who wants to learn. 

thanks so much, I am going to slice and hook the next days on practice to learn my bunker and rough shots.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 11:13 PM

If I choose wedges 56, 60,64 . I am not to off am I ?

I always love my 9 iron for any shot of the green, my dad would make fun of me, but it always was my par savior.

But now I need to practice the shots and get a grip of my flops and pitches.

I´ll get there one day.

The love of the game is all that matters .

would like some friends to play against, it´s pretty lonely out there so far.

I will play anyone that adds me .

love of the game and like to meet new people.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 1:39 AM

Again wow !!

I did not imagine any replies to my post, so I am humbled.

I am more than ever motivated to make my flops better.

If anyone finds me worthy of a game, I am a good joker ;)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 3:19 AM

Its nice that you took upthe offer to play, the invitation is open any time, and I just gifted you the putter, Enjoy

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:52 AM

Putting is everyone's weakness.  You'll get the hang of it eventually...in 60 levels or so.

Happy puttin'.

• PAGES
RSS