rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 20 2013 1:39 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 3:25 PM

Hello all

I am a new player

I have been playing for 4 days now, and I am so hooked already.

Look forward to meeting you all on the course.

regards Siggi

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 4:15 PM

siggipj76:

Hello all

I am a new player

I have been playing for 4 days now, and I am so hooked already.

Look forward to meeting you all on the course.

regards Siggi

Welcome!

- WGTdbloshoe

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:27 PM

Welcome to the game, and it is a great, fun and at times, frustrating game. Read the forums for tips as there is a wealth of information in here.

Enjoy.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:35 PM

thanks, I am all ready reading all I  can about putting/chipping , these are my weak points.

also not sure when to go for better clubs. only on level 27.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:13 PM

My advice would be to wait till you are at least in the 30's and depends on budget. The best starting point is wedges as these will save you the most shots. The longer you can last with the starters will save  money,  as you rise through the tiers you have to upgrade to be competitive so a set you buy now will not carry you to far.

Again learn the game, especially the short game and you will level up quickly, which will give you better options.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:23 PM

thank you so much for the reply Alanti,

I have a good felling about what putter to get , but my wedges are more difficult to judge.

am I wrong in getting good 56,60 and 64 degrees ?

I am as lost as I am in real life, I chip with my 9 iron in real life, as I know I can get it where I want to.

I don´t think I will need my extra 3 wood ??

Rented A spider putter, my game went from saving pars , to tapping in pars.

So I think I will buy a rossa or ghost spider in a few weeks when my level is up there.

amazed at people wanting to help newbies like me in this forum , hat´s off to you guys.

• copperplate
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:25 PM

Good on ya, the most important thing is to enjoy! I'm a bad Irish musician, but love golf.... , Bad weather, no money, and playin' music in the house doesn't allow me to have hours on the physical golf course, so, like you I'm hooked! Hup!

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:39 PM

well , then we have somethings in common. I am half Irish and I can´t play golf anymore due to my bad knee, can hardly walk a mile.

So thankful I could find a new way of loving the game.

I have no friends here , would love to play a few rounds with someone and get that social part of it too.

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:42 PM

siggipj76:
    Rented A spider putter

Im level 89 and still use the lvl 19 spider putter! I recommend it

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:54 PM

why are my replies still being reviewed ? I only thought that my first one would, but still getting the message that it´s my first and therefore under review.

I promise, the only thing bad here is my spelling and grammar.

my wedges practice round confirmed me , that I need to slice a lot more and practice those shots.

• PAGES
RSS