Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ping Eye Set Value?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 29 2013 2:40 AM (3 replies)
  • BMF5
    81 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:16 PM

Looking for some advise on what I should price these clubs at. Full set of original Ping Eye irons 2 thru sand wedge, Ping Eye 2 Maple woods 1,3 & 5, Ping Putter, and a Mizuno bag with stand. All clubs have newer pro wrap grips and are in really good condition. I am going to putt these on craigslist soon, and would appreciate any input on what a fair asking price should be. Thank you.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 11:14 PM

How old are they?

• BMF5
    81 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 11:37 PM

courteneyfish:

How old are they?

These are the original Ping Eye irons, black dot standard lie, and the second generation Ping Eye 2 Maple woods. From what I have found on Ping's website they look to be late 70's to early 80's vintage. They are great clubs, I just got a set of King Cobra's and no longer need them.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 2:40 AM

Take them to a pro shop to get ball park figures. Trouble is lot's of people had them and a zillion second hand sets for sale................Irons would still be OK but few would use those woods these days.  That said just for fun some enthusiasts do buy them (woods).

My rough guess is that you the woods would retail US$20 each in fair condition (some scratches no head cover)...........selling them if you have a good ebay rating and a very fair wind get something!

Ping eye irons retail (fair condition) up to $200 from what I have seen. Might be lucky and get $80 - $100 ebay / craigslist...maybe! TRY for more though?? Worth a go.....

Ping putters always in demand so may get a few quid (sorry bucks) for that..............look up the exact model....people go nuts for old putter's sometimes. May find it's worth as much as the iron set (extreme and maybe).

Bag worth nothing.

Consider breaking the set up AFTER you know the price that putter!

RSS