Forums

Help › Forums

Re: This is a joke of a game...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 30 2013 3:18 PM (9 replies)
  • Sulmonster
    6 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 3:38 PM

I find it a joke that one moment a 5 mph wind doesn't effect the ball, the next hole it adds 10 or 15 yards to it.  I have hit the exact same shots many time from hole to hole either out of the same rough, or off the tee, and I get completely different results.  What a joke.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 6:24 PM

Give it time, learn the game.

Also, the clubs you are using aren't the most precise pieces of equipment in the game, so weird results will happen.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:41 PM

The EZ swing putter can't be helping your game either.

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:50 AM

3 years in and level 20 amateur. Sounds about the right time to know it all....(unf. he is right though....)

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 2:50 AM

Sulmonster:
      What a joke.

Give it another three years, you'll soon pick it up. Enjoy!

• togemag
    991 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 3:07 AM

Sulmonster:
    I find it a joke that one moment a 5 mph wind doesn't effect the ball, the next hole it adds 10 or 15 yards to it. 

As it has been stated equipment will do some of this. Another thing that effects the distance is elevation changes. Keep working on it, some of us who have been here for 3 years or more don't get it right all the time. LOL

Try to notice what effect the balls distances and side wind pushes, your get it in time. :)

TC

• Oldbaysrunning
    5 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 3:21 AM

Sulmonster:
    I find it a joke that one moment a 5 mph wind doesn't effect the ball, the next hole it adds 10 or 15 yards to

Things have really changed on the software lately. I have too agree. Some club distances are not right at all. Some balls you purchase with back spin have none. If your dont hit the meter on time on a putt you miss it entirely . I have quit buying clubs until the software is fixxed. I can understand some flaws but there are way too many too contend with on most holes. One can play a game on fast greens and the club distances are fine. The one can play on Torney greens and the clubs are completley off on distances. That doesn't make sence....

• Sulmonster
    6 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:32 PM

Doesn't matter the putter, tried all of them.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 3:13 PM

A member since 2010 and level 20, hmmm, enough said!

This tells me you seldom play and have not bothered to learn the game. The starts clubs are not precise and are erratic especially from out of the rough. if you want an easy game try cartoon golf.

Mate you need to put in some hard yards before you can expound the weaknesses of WGT.

I think your last comment - I have tried all the putters sums it up - if you can't see the difference between an EZ swing putter and the starters then you will also struggle with cartoon golf.

Come back when you have at least tried to learn the game.

RSS