Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Who decides your status?

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 18 2013 6:27 AM (2 replies)
  • Pilgrim17
    6 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2013 5:02 AM

My status is still Amateur although I am at Level 81 & I have had several players question me about it. I have no idea how my status is decided, or how to change it, I assumed that it would be automatically adjusted by the site as I improved. Can anybody explain the status system to me please? 

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2013 10:48 AM

Pilgrim17:

My status is still Amateur although I am at Level 81 & I have had several players question me about it. I have no idea how my status is decided, or how to change it, I assumed that it would be automatically adjusted by the site as I improved. Can anybody explain the status system to me please? 

Your status is determined by your average score.  In your case an average score of 87 keeps you in the amateur tier.  The vast majority of your saved score history is blitz games,, which do not count towards your average score.  You will need to play some ranked stroke play rounds to get your scoring average down and your tier level up.  Hope that helps.

- WGTdbloshoe

• Pilgrim17
    6 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2013 6:27 AM

Yes it helps a great deal, I will happily remain as I am, playing what I enjoy playing, with people who dont take it too seriously, & play for fun. If I want to play with long faces & bad tempers I will go to my golf club, where weekend competitions seem to consider this sort of behaviour as mandatory. So next time I am quizzed as to why my level is 81, yet I am still an amateur, I can tell the person concerned to mind their own ******* business?  

RSS