Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The 6FT Open - St Andrews New Course.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 15 2013 2:37 PM (6 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 3:08 AM

Criteria for players is that you must be 6ft or taller :)

Scorecard.....

Front 9 almost no wind.

Back 9 was pretty windy. Monster headwinds & tailwinds.

A round of 76....so just a normal round of golf. Could've been a much better score but I missed ding on a few putts or hit too early on the 6ft sliders just like I do on here :)

Old Course Hotel on 2nd hole of the Old Course...which plays parallel to the New Course.

Other photos.

Why it's important to try and hit drives pretty straight on here. There's certain death waiting on either side of the fairways. Sure you'll be able to climb in the bushes to retrieve your ball BUT will probably need paramedics and a tree surgeon with sniffer dogs to get you back out.

Not a fun day out at the beach if you happen to plop into one of these....Only real way out is the way you just walked in...and don't be too surprised if it takes more than 2 hits to get the ball 2 yrds out on to the fairway.

The war tools - r9 Supertri with Diamana Whiteboard 63g X Stiff Shaft...TM Burner 3WD.......KZG Evolution Forged Irons.....Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Wedges (48,52 & 60 deg)......& Odyssey 2 Ball putter. 

I used Callaway Diablo balls that Eivets had sent me as a present. They perform very good by the way.

St Andrew's town centre, Full of history a very pretty place.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 3:29 AM

Very sweet TBE, I do hope you realize the jealousy factor has just increased exponentially, lol.

Doc :)

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:35 AM

thebigeasy707:
    Back 9 was pretty windy. Monster headwinds & tailwinds.

True to the game, I have to assume it was headwinds on the par 5's and tailwinds on the par 3's. Net 69, nice shootin'.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:18 AM

we got a monster tailwind on 13 and dinged both drives. only downside was my approach got a kicker and flew the green and into 60/70 cabbage (lucky to find the ball) hence the 5 i carded.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:07 AM

Good stuff Davy!

Glad ya had a good day.

Your total would probably be my front or back 9 these days:)

• BlackGibbon
    349 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:45 AM

Glad you enjoyed it TBE. Brings back very fond memories

Al.

RSS