Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Free Credits or Anxiety Attacks

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 8 2013 2:59 AM (5 replies)
  • golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 6:43 PM

Cannot imagine how many more credits I'd have if I had anything to do with TrialPays. Haven't done anything except videos with those crooks in 4 months. Now, unfortunately, Peanut Labs(who used to be terrific) is now following the lead set by TP.

Can't there be 1 place we can earn free credits that does not come with crooked companies that make a habit of stealing honestly earned credits? Guess not.

Seems, honesty is limited to those nice folks at SocialVi.be. And even Live Gamer seems to have gotten its' act together. Thanks for letting me vent. Time for my anti-anxiety meds, anyway.

GV

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 3:31 PM

Good rant, but damn that bold italic font is an eyesore.   Someone pass me an aspirin.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 3:43 PM

The root of the problem lies in the name of the thing you speak of: Free Credit.  It is somewhat of an oxymoron. 

Credit implies there is some kind of monetary value, Like a credit card or a credit on a balance sheet. Some kind of positive monetary transaction. 

Free means it doesn't cost anything, you pay no money. Es gratis

I understand all of us are exchanging our time for those "free credits." I am also not saying that all of our time is not worth some thing. It does have value and is worthy of credit.

However, the big companies out there and the people who pay for all of those "credits" could care less. They want to suck as much out of you as they possibly can for the least amount of money and they will do it in whatever way they see fit

Unfortunately they have enough people that will continue to go to the well and give them what they want.

So kind of like the cost of balls and other equipment that people gripe about, until a huge majority  of people stop giving them what they want and hit them in the wallet, then they will continue to do business as it is.  Personally i don't think there will ever be a large enough group of people to get the advertisers or WGT to actually sit up and take notice.

• mbrown13kos
    179 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:51 AM

The issue I must say is the availability to earn credits. Within the past two weeks WGT has cut by more than half the surveys and video's you can do to earn credits. What is hypocritical is the fact that they (WGT) posted they were going to offer MORE opportunities to earn credits. If you look at most of the offers where you have to buy something it is cheaper just to buy the credits rather than get credits for buying something. I would estimate that more than half the people that play attempt to earn credits through surveys and video's and now WGT has cut that by more than half. They will find out soon enough that for many if they have to spend $$$$ on a regular basis to play they will cut back or leave the game. I don't have to do market research but common sense to know that in the long run they should offer MORE survey and video earning opportunities rather than less to keep more playing their game. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 1:35 AM

I guess it varies from country to country but over here the vids have increased lately. I'm not sure WGT deserve all the blame when they drop in number as the advertisers must have a big say in it.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 2:59 AM

courteneyfish:

I guess it varies from country to country but over here the vids have increased lately. I'm not sure WGT deserve all the blame when they drop in number as the advertisers must have a big say in it.

I agree, this really is dependent on your geographical location and the advertisers in that area. Where I live I get the 7 video carousel views a day so every 2 weeks get 75 credits (do the Math whether that is enough to keep me in balls) Occasionally I will get a supersonic video to view and once since have i played has there been a survey. Can I blame WGT for not getting more advertisers to sponsor me - of course not. Like all business, advertisers want to get the biggest buck from their dollar, so will target the largest markets, not the backwaters of some small Island in the Pacific.

RSS