Forums

Help › Forums

Re: DIFFERENT WEEKEND SAME CRAP

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 13 2013 8:18 PM (8 replies)
  • sesky
    3,526 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 10:25 AM

Have had 2 games in the last hour terminated due to locking up. This was the same trend last weekend. Now before everyone starts sending e-mails, yes the cache is clear, I run System Mechanic every day. I use maxthon browser. It was running fine all week. The games were locked up in 4 ball matches. I'm sensing that when the traffic gets ramped up on the weekends, the problems start. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 12:32 PM
    It could be a server problem but it's more likely to be an internet problem.
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 1:19 PM

Think of it this way,it may make sense.

You touch your mouse to command something on the screen.  Before you can remove your finger from the button it has happened.

Now multiply that experience by everyone playing on WGT at that exact time.  Then figure in every computer, i pad, etc. on the "net" at that exact time.

It amazes me every time I think of it, and because the system has failed some where between the button on your mouse to the servers that  WGT uses you are that upset!

Get a life!  You aren't special! It happens to all of us at some time or other.

As mentioned, frequent updating of your soft wear, keeping things clear, eliminating other programs that may be running in the background, optimizing your system by using a outside cleaner, signing up for some kind of a game booster, and one more thing I did to enhance my experience here was to cut back on my friends list.

Read the forums, there are some players on here who are amazing concerning their knowledge of how things do, or do not work!  

You use the same browser I do, and I have no complaints, the best I have tried.

All, or at least some of these things mentioned should help you enjoy your experience at WGT.

One other factor I did not mention because few of us live in an area where we have a Choice! of the internet provider.  If you are lucky enough to have a choice, try one or all of the others.  Hope it helps, if not I tried.  My nickle.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 2:00 PM

sesky:
    Have had 2 games in the last hour terminated due to locking up. This was the same trend last weekend.

It locks up because WGT can't get the info (not being sent to them by your ISP) to keep going. More than likely, especially because it's your weekend, there's a lot of local traffic on your ISP network and it's taking too long to transmit your data.

Something you can try yourself is reset your modem. Just unplug the power to it for 15 seconds or so and plug it back in. Note-the power to the modem, not where it plugs into your computer. Otherwise, you might complain to them. Sometimes this helps. 

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 2:38 PM

Had a peek at WGT's own minimum system requirements info page with the intention of quoting from it.

Noticed they've changed the wording of it as the old version actually mentioned their own servers may sometimes contribute to meter/load issues. Personally I still think at certain times WGT's servers do struggle to cope with the amount of traffic using them.

lee22sharon:

It amazes me every time I think of it, and because the system has failed some where between the button on your mouse to the servers that  WGT uses you are that upset!

Get a life!  You aren't special! It happens to all of us at some time or other.

Btw, 'lee'  - reading your post had an auld Scots phrase flashing through my head - 'Fook going home to you with a burst pay packet!'. :O)

Happy hittin', folks.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 2:39 PM

I had this last night, very frustrating but we need to get used to it. WGT is not keeping pace with their success. This is my story and I am sticking to it. I have a computer set up just for this game by some of the biggest computer geeks in the industry. My internet is the fastest and best you can get in Atlanta, Ga. I can go on any site and have instant fail proof service, WGT is the only site I have any problems with. Dispute this all you want, it has been proven over and over. This game is totally saturated with millions of players, I am very happy to see this because I love the game, only one I play. Fact is, WGT is not keeping up. I won't mention the B word, but I am a test Squirrel.

• wldthng016400
    250 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 8:13 PM

RSS