Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My, how things have changed

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:17 PM (5 replies)
  • GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 2:40 PM

I remember the excitement when I shot my first -9 nine hole round, shortly before I made legend. A few hundred rounds (plenty of good ones, plenty of forgettable ones) later, that same score today was a huge disappointment. Two lipped-out approaches and a missed eagle putt... And on the first day of the free weekly multi-round, today's 27 is good for a tie for fourth as of now. It most likely won't be top twenty after a couple more days. Glad I don't have the same standards for my real game, where I'm ecstatic about 4 birdies in a full round (nevermind the numerous bogeys).

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 3:39 PM

It does make you feel sick after you've pared the 1st of any course and know in that instant that your chance of winning has just gone.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 4:25 PM

GlassMan27:
    . And on the first day of the free weekly multi-round, today's 27 is good for a tie for fourth as of now. It most likely won't be top twenty after a couple more days

LOL To be honest unless I shoot a 25 I don't even bother to look at the leaderboard. And that has happened once lol.

Yep pretty sad when a par at the first automatically means your an also ran lol

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 4:37 PM

Guys please, get a grip. Have you seen the sky lately? Not being ugly here, just asking.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 4:57 PM

renniw52:

Guys please, get a grip. Have you seen the sky lately? Not being ugly here, just asking.

LOL Yes.

I see skies of blue, clouds of white, bright blessed days, dark sacred nights, And I think to myself. What a wonderful world.

Or are you inferring that we aren't in Kansas any more Renni?

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:17 PM

I see this game much less these days. And couldn't be happier about that. A big part of the reasoning behind that is that what I once saw as an achievement on this game I now see as a disappointment. The thrill is gone. That was my point. But, it is strange that a ridiculously (realistically) unattainable score is barely enough to qualify as an also-ran here.

BTW - I see the sunrise and sunset every day :)

RSS