Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Santiago de Compostela

Thu, Jul 25 2013 8:46 AM (5 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 12:43 AM

I bring my condolences to all the guys with the Spanish flag for the terrible tragedy that occurred in Santiago de Compostela but also in the rest of the World. 

These are things that you never want to had happen.

Davide.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 6:12 AM

Fraenkel:
    I bring my condolences to all the guys with the Spanish flag for the terrible tragedy that occurred in Santiago de Compostela but also in the rest of the World. 

These are things that you never want to had happen.

Well said Davide..a forgotten news story !

And such a tragedy.

Andy

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 7:21 AM

Yes Andy and what happened brings back memories of what happened in Viareggio a few years ago, in this case for gross negligence of the railways.

From what I've read, in this case, it is likely human error: the curve is where the train was derailed traveled at 80km/h when it has been covered to 190km/h, damn. The concept of High Speed ​​relates poorly with that of security, influenced by technical faults and lack of human attention.

Real sead, too many deaths.

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 7:41 AM

Agree to the max!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 8:46 AM

Very sad, i live in the south of France, and was planning to walk there later this year, there is a ,'pilgrim walk'  the way of St James, across the Pyranees mountains, starting at St Jean and passing through Pamplona and other places on route along the north of the country, finishing at Santiago de Compostela, at the cathedral 800km or finishing at Finnistere on the Atlantic coast. This walk is completed by hundreds of people every year

A sad time for the country, my thoughts!!

RSS