Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ball Taken Out of Play

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:07 PM (5 replies)
  • Grampie43
    119 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 10:20 AM

Why does WGT take balls out of play when they are lying in the fairway? I guess I can answer that....it's a money grab, but I have had this happen to me on at least 5 occasions where my ball was on the fairway and they took it out of play. If this happens when you don't have another ball of that type in your inventory, they automatically take you down to a starter ball, giving you a faster meter, even though you have better balls in your inventory.

I lose enough balls by putting them OB, in water, or losing them in rough, without having WGT take a ball out of play in the middle of a game.

The game is quite realistic, although it has a lot of quirks, and fun (at times) to play, but I may have to reconsider whether or not I can afford to continue playing, when they yank balls away in the middle of a game, even practice games!!!

• juggss6
    121 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 12:56 PM

Grampie43:
    I guess I can answer that....it's a money grab

Of course, the entire game is a money grab. It IS a business.

Grampie43:
    but I have had this happen to me on at least 5 occasions where my ball was on the fairway and they took it out of play. If this happens when you don't have another ball of that type in your inventory, they automatically take you down to a starter ball, giving you a faster meter, even though you have better balls in your inventory.

I lose enough balls by putting them OB, in water, or losing them in rough, without having WGT take a ball out of play in the middle of a game.

The game is quite realistic, although it has a lot of quirks, and fun (at times) to play, but I may have to reconsider whether or not I can afford to continue playing, when they yank balls away in the middle of a game, even practice games!!!

They are limited to a certain number of strikes. Just like real life, eventually a ball just wears out.

I read a post earlier suggesting that we "set" a backup ball in our inventory for these instances. I agree, that would be a nice feature. Until then, if you always play with that ball, just buy another sleeve when you get to your last one. It warns you.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 2:18 PM

Grampie43:
    when they yank balls away in the middle of a game, even practice games

Hits per Ball

• Grampie43
    119 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 4:13 PM

The problem is that  these were fairly new balls. They didn't have that many hits on them!

If you are in the middle of a game, can you purchase new balls?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 6:06 PM

Grampie43:
    If you are in the middle of a game, can you purchase new balls
    It will prompt you when on the last ball, but only once in that game. If you don't buy them then, it gives you the free ball to finish the game. When the hit counter is red, you're about to run out.

I've never tried to buy balls during a game.

RSS