Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hole in 1 story.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 29 2013 5:14 PM (3 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2013 7:01 AM

Well folks, i dont usually open up a thread to comment on my shots here, but thought i would share this 1.

I was playing my CC tournament game at Olympic, and playing badly. I was -2 at the turn, and i somehow then triple bogeyed the 10th hole, even though i was on the green with a great chance to bird. I then get a bird on hole 11, even though i was distracted after that triple bogey.

So, i know im out of the tournament, and i decide to max out the shots on the last 7 holes, and get myself a putt of the month instead. Now im on the par 3 13th at Olympic, and i line up my shot. Just as im about to take the swing, my phone rings. A former member of our CC is ringing to have a chat, and i just pull the trigger without thinking about the shot. BAM, Hole in 1.

Was i shocked? you bet your ass i was shocked. Its nearly 2 years since my last hole in 1, and i thought i would never get 1 again. After that, i decide to play the game properly again, and try my best to get the score down, only to bogey the 2 par 5's at the end, lol.

Moral of the story is, i seem to do worse when im trying hard to do well. And i always say a hole in 1 will come when you least expect it, lol.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=332a6a78-1535-4fb7-91b8-a20a00d6ec4b

• Elknoxious
    1,123 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:03 AM

Ha ha! Great Story!  Nothing better than getting a HIO after a bad round.  I hope you have very many more to come and I hope one hits you when you're having a great round.

That is a tough hole too. I struggle just to make bird there and don't think I have ever come close to sinking a shot. 

So instead of winning putt of the month you may walk away with possibly winning shot of the month? 

Good for you Jimmy! Very nice shot

Congrats!

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2013 4:42 PM

Very nicely done Jimmy! With an 18 mph wind, never in my dreams , especially on Olympic, i've think i've made that course past the third and that's it...lol

It seems to come unexpectedly , I tried for a few weeks for my first and only one by setting up a tourney of Par 3, and then a journal of my journey of trying , still no go and then finally, I started a  tourney of giving a sleeve of balls to the first to get a HIO , and guess what? The first hole, I did it! and to be honest , I so didn't want to play the next 8....but knew I had to for it to be counted....:-)

Well done!

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2013 5:14 PM

If i give my phone number out here, will somebody ring me every 10 minutes?, lol.

RSS