Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I need to buy myself a present...what real life driver do you suggest

Fri, Aug 16 2013 4:26 PM (4 replies)
  • JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:23 PM

I am wanting to buy a new driver and I am really torn. I could not find a model from last years stock that I hit better than my Taylor Made 07 Burner. What is your thoughts?

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:45 PM

JackTaylor:

I am wanting to buy a new driver and I am really torn. I could not find a model from last years stock that I hit better than my Taylor Made 07 Burner. What is your thoughts?

I just put the R1 Black in my bag last month.  Before that was using the R9 which I really liked.  Had a slightly smaller head so have to be more consistent with your swing but when you nail it, I was seeing a few more yards out of it then the R1.

WGTdbloshoe

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 3:31 PM

JackTaylor:

I'd suggest you setup a club fitting with a local golf shop that can offer you not only the driver, but a range of shafts to try out.  Certified club fitters will be able to help you out, and some of the larger golf-only stores will have a certified club fitter.  Don't fall for that "sucker" tryout of the store-bought clubs.  While it may show you this fabulous in-store try out, it will show you its dark side once you take it out on the course.  "Long and wrong" gets old real quick!

Avoid the quick impulse buy.  Get fitted with a club and shaft that will work with your game for years to come.  You'll probably have to spend a few $$ for a good fitting, and you can easily spend another $100 - $400 for that head-shaft combo, but you'll find it will be well worth the investment.  

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Kat

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 5:32 PM

Hey Jack, I bought the Cobra ZL 9.0 over a year ago, have tried several drivers, for some reason this old 61 year old man can still get almost 300 yards out of this, 275 max on anything else I have tried. 

Renni

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 4:26 PM

No other suggestions...hmmm

RSS