Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Here for fun,accused of cheating.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 25 2013 8:52 AM (25 replies)
  • THEWIPERS
    96 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2013 8:20 AM

Mgbirish,thanks for your gracious reply.I'll send you an invite,hope to see you around for a game!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2013 9:58 AM

mgbirish:

mantis0014:

mgbirish:

Most of the old school Legends made it the hard way, playing ranked rounds. Now I see Bubblegum legends and they do not deserve the capital L, who have achieved legend in less than 100 ranked rounds!

They achieved this by their higher tiered friends laying down for them in match play, what a shame and insult to the true Legends, should not be allowed

This is one rule that Wgt set to try and stop the cheats from cleaning up in all forms of the game (win in M/p against a higher Tier player and Ave Drops), but is also a big headache for the honest people who play this game too, which is sad.

For me I was one of those old school people who got promoted the hard way (as the violins come out...lol)  but it was great... each level I made I was ready for it.

Now you can get promoted in just a handful of games...when you get to the top Tiers... you get frustrated and just start a new account and start again... for some.

With the Introduction of all the new clubs and balls we have to use...  the game is  getting easier to play.

With the new Xp bonus drinks and level-ups, it's easier for people to move through the levels to get the top shelf clubs and golf balls.

Cheats are out there.... If you use em, then your the.....  I better stop there....lol

I would like Wgt to stop ....   Players having their average drop if they beat a higher Tier Player. In friendly games...  I feel sorry for the my opponent beating me, when their ave is dropping( I hate losing too...lol)

I luv my friends beating me in a friendly game...  it's just great( it's great for them, not me...lol)

I have the thinking, the only way to get better at the game(without cheating) is to beat somebody that is better than you (I'm not that good...anybody can beat me...lol)  

Unless credits is involved, that's another story.... the Wgt rule for Ave drops should only be applied for Challenge matches and winning Wgt Comps.

We can't beat the cheats....  and because this is also a credit based game...people will always try to beat the system...bring back the old times I say, when everybody was happy....lol

-Roger

Very well stated Roger

Seconded..

Andy

Edit: apart from winning the WGT comps...pitiful payouts on the weeklies  / monthlies. ;-))

[ I know which you're refering to Roger ]

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2013 10:14 AM

Read all. I am a golfer, not a gamer.  I would say WGT would do itself a huge favour appealing to both.  I do not understand IT too much (my IT department sort me out well enough with that they are tasked to do).  I say that as a golfer who is genuinely captivated by this game...I should not have to care about what browser works best personally thinking.  Chrome should just work...OK I accept I am pre real IT, but don't all get too ahead as this game will look as antiquated as pub time space invaders when the current generation of tots turn 30.  

For the game I keep saying sort out the average system from a players perspective.  How much is a 54 average really worth?? Not very much compared to a 56 which is a shame.  Do it per course and condition and burn more balls.  With that in mind don't tier people up beating Legends outside credit game's...................Seriously WGT invest in some quick win (low hanging apple) stuff......................Want cya do great but it's being effed up! 

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2013 10:06 PM

A good TM or Master will always give a good legend a decent game, they have a 30 yard advantage off the tees. TBF with the legends extra experience, it should even the game up nicely.

I think the problem is people getting nasty when there are credits on the line. Naturally, a legend playing MPC games against TMs thinks he's on to pick up some fairly easy credits if he just plays a normal standard game. Then gets miffed if the TM is handy.

I've often lost to TMs in non-credit match games. Those TMs are now invariably legends on my friends list.

Only credits game I've every played against others is small stake skins against friends.

Strangely, never got into an abusive war of words situation. LOL

• Tyrones
    95 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2013 8:20 AM

First, TheWipers is not a cheater, I know this to be a fact. I've played many rounds with him, he's a solid player.

Second, there are all types of players on WGT, just like there are all types of people in life. As in the real world, it is up to each individual to pick & choose whom they choose to associate with. Now, if only we all had a real life "ignore button".

Also, as in real life, we know better than to classify any group of people, whether positively or negatively, due to the actions of a few of a group.

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2013 8:52 AM

mantis0014:

We can't beat the cheats....  and because this is also a credit based game...people will always try to beat the system...bring back the old times I say, when everybody was happy....lol

-Roger

I have made Legend the hard way, lot of Ranked rounds to try learn this friggin funny game, i would never think about buy some software to get the "dingythingy" or to show me where to set my power in any conditions, i use my experience to do that, not always perfect, what just show i'm human and not a computerprogram. 

We can't beat the cheats, but dont go the slippery slope and join them, stay clear and dont play them!!
    If you find a cheater, send a mail to wgt, but it is hard to prove, if he/her is on your friendlist, remove him/her, the easiest way to stop get angry over a cheater. 

My 2 cents.

Egon

RSS