Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Displaced TWO players

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:13 PM (5 replies)
  • GAD59
    237 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 2:07 PM

I thought, since there are so many of us playing on WGT, and being, that we are in a bunch of groups scattered around here, it might be interesting to let everyone know, who you were or still, with your TWO/WGT screen names, new group affiliations, and your old groups on TWO. I'll start, and hopefully we can maybe get some GvG play started. Maybe even TBMP rounds like we used to play on TWO, and have some friendly competition.

TWO - Gary_A_D - THE SUPER PACK, The Old Farts 

WGT - GAD59 - Nice and Friendly

Have a nice day.

Gary

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 4:54 PM

Question Gad....are you saying you are playing with two accounts here on WGT?...your post is unclear about that please clarify....

edit:  ok guys got it...never played any other game of golf and I'm not a mind reader,perhaps if he had mentioned it was TW -two it would make more sense to people like myself who are not familiar with other golf games...and yes I think it;s a good idea too....

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 5:04 PM

First one was his TWO id.

The second one is his WGT name and country club.

Only one account here.

What he's hoping for is for former TWO players to recognize each other from their TWO names and hook up as friends here. Nice idea.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 5:14 PM

Just to clarify. TWO=Tiger Woods Online :)

I didn't play it myself but grew up playing all the TW games on Playstation & Xbox from about 1997 i think it was. They were great fun but shooting 25under par got a bit boring.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 8:22 PM

DAZZA501:

Just to clarify. TWO=Tiger Woods Online :)

I didn't play it myself but grew up playing all the TW games on Playstation & Xbox from about 1997 i think it was. They were great fun but shooting 25under par got a bit boring.

Things were just as ridiculous on TWO ... the long drive leader was at 1000+ yards...

The double eagle leader had better than 10,000 to his credit ...

I just wonder how in the world he managed to keep it on the golf course at 1000 yds...

• GAD59
    237 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:13 PM

TWO was Tiger Woods Online for the PC.

Playing on TWO, you were allowed to have as many screen names as you cared to have, as long as you had individual Email addresses for each.

I had only one account on TWO, but, at one point, I belonged to 5 groups, "Country Clubs" here, which was allowed on the game.

I'm neither rich, nor am I that good on this game. I do, with what I have, until something better comes along. I only have one account on this game, and will stay the same, as long as I play on this game site. This is my alternative cyber golf game, since TWO's shut down last June 6th. I have the Origin client downloaded on my computer, plus, I had purchased a direct download of TW12 (Tiger Woods 12) for the PC. It gave me more courses to play online. Now that the game is offline only, I can still play the game, and have quite a few courses to choose from, but, it's boring playing by yourself, although, I do play on occasion. 

Since my original post stated TWO players, I had assumed more than less of us that lost out on TWO, could have a place other than the FIOGA League website (created for groups participating in GvG play) to keep in contact with. There are quite a few of us scattered all over this game, and in different groups, plus, all the other online golf sites have some of us. The Tiger Woods Online community, was a tight knit group of players, and most of us knew each other, either in person, or from playing the game. There are a lot of players that for the time being, have given up altogether playing cyber golf. There is a website called Perfect Parallel, and they are developing an online golf game due out in late 2013 to early 2014 according to what information they have given us when we post in heir forums. Those players are waiting for the release of that game.

I love playing online golf, and regardless how good or bad I am on this game, won't keep me from playing. I try to play every day, belong to a country club of nice people, and try to enjoy what I have available to me at the present time.

I was Gary_A_D on Tiger Woods Online

I am GAD59 on World Golf Tour

Gary

RSS