rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 29 2013 12:25 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2013 3:07 AM

mara43:

WGTicon:
    if you expect easy pins with flat green and no break on a US Open course, then you will always be disappointed :).- wgticon 

Yep, one of the best statements and very true.

As for the OP, perhaps you used the scroll wheel and changed the meter scale. The only possible exceptions could be a couple of holes on Merion where you have a fast downhiller cut near a slope.

• willrobin
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2013 2:47 PM

I did get this far and thank you for a sane reply.

I am a very casual player and am happy to get around any course between 65-72 with pretty basic equipment just to blow off some steam at the end of the day but Marion #5 and Oakmont #9  give me fits , make me quit and promise to never buy another ball.

Just seems like there are a handful of  holes - these two holes especially - that are so much more difficult to an otherwise challenging standard that they take away from the experience.

But your right I'm just blowing off steam.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:21 PM

willrobin:

I did get this far and thank you for a sane reply.

I am a very casual player and am happy to get around any course between 65-72 with pretty basic equipment just to blow off some steam at the end of the day but Marion #5 and Oakmont #9  give me fits , make me quit and promise to never buy another ball.

Just seems like there are a handful of  holes - these two holes especially - that are so much more difficult to an otherwise challenging standard that they take away from the experience.

But your right I'm just blowing off steam.

You're very welcome. If you ever want to join a country club I can just about squeeze you into the biggest one. :-)

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2013 7:41 AM

photo revel-in-atlantic-city-farol-tomson1_zpsc88f4c6c.jpg

Don't know how I ended up here, must be a glitch .

Doc :)

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:02 AM

hyena64:

Ducati916:
    .isn't it time for you to go offend miffy again?

Isn't it time for you to grow up & get a clue

lol...says the guy who came begging to me to remove a post from her wall because he offended her...only to try and get back in her good graces......how'd that work for you? doooosh.......

On another subject...pretty impressive that you've advanced as far as you have, with the average you have......using all the wgt basic starter stuff.. (and, I actually meant that sincerely.)  Do you always use the basic stuff?

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2013 12:25 PM

hyena64:

Nothing impressive about my game at all. 

Hey....I resemble that remark as well.........

• PAGES
RSS