Forums

Help › Forums

Re: This place is suppose to be an escape from reality..but

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 5 2013 7:27 PM (4 replies)
  • mmatheus63
    421 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 12:13 PM

I have met many people through WGT and I am grateful and thankful to say that a few of them have become good friends of mine.  Though we have never met in person or heard each others voices, we have been drawn together, for whatever reason, to support each other, laugh with each other and sometimes, even cry with each other.

The camaraderie we have is so enjoyable.  I can relate it to "a bunch of good friends who get together once a week for dinner and catch up with each other"

I appreciate each an every one of them for bringing their own brand of friendship, laughter and support to the table.

That said, I learned today that one of my dear friends, who has been battling cancer for about a year now, is losing his battle.  This man has met and played basketball with the President of the United States, battled and saved lives as a Firefighter for years, and has brought joy to more people than I think I will ever know.

Please send your well wishes and prayers to Lou.  That somehow, someway, he won't travel to that big golf course in the sky for many many years!  

I love ya Lou!

Marty

• Beryman
    9,098 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:55 PM

of course, prayers and thoughts are with Lou and family

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 4:52 PM

I join in prayers,Thoughts are with Lou ,family and friends ......            ty for bringning some reality to a Virtual Golf Game  we all like .....           Peaple are real  the good one are not to be forgoten Marty ...          

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 5:16 PM

My best wishes and thoughts also to Lou and his family at this tough time.

Whilst we are virtual golfers playing this game, we are at the same time playing with real people from an array of backgrounds, and many of whom have become friends and have earned my respect.

This game has given me a lot of pleasure and I hope that Lou too can treasure some memories from this game and in some small way, put a smile on his face.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 7:27 PM

Dear Lou,

Hope and pray that you are better soon.

Sincerely

Joe

RSS