Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Computer Lag

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 12 2013 6:11 AM (7 replies)
  • JimHacker59
    154 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2013 8:54 AM

I have terrible lag on my PC or I cannot stop the pointer directly on the hitting zone any tips how to imporve this? Have tried a game booster still no joy, we had this on TW12, thanks.

Jim

• ScottHope
    10,362 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2013 11:25 AM

Sounds like your processor is being overloaded. Check the task manager when the problem occurs to see what application is doing the overloading.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2013 11:35 AM

If you are using Chrome as a browser I'd try a different one.

• ScottHope
    10,362 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2013 2:24 PM

I'm not sure why you think that changing from Chrome to another browser would eliminate lag on a PC.

I did a 3 minute CPU trace with the game open in Chrome and then in Maxthon to see if there was any difference in loading. 

The approximate loading with Maxthon was 11% and with Chrome it was 14%. Yes, Chrome is higher, but a 3% difference is hardly likely to make the game play markedly different just by changing browsers.

CHROME

MAXTHON

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2013 4:49 PM

My loading has been a disaster today, WGT ONLY--every other thing I have done has been spot on, say what you will, there is a problem here with this game and they won't take responsibility for it. Bring it on folks, I am not one of the morons on here.

• Shane2311
    4 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2013 9:09 AM

I've had the same issue, and believe me it's not my computer. I'm a gamer junkie and have sunk plenty of cash into my gaming rig, and have tested that H#LL out of it. It's not the equipment.

I've spent plenty of time using my "Sailor's vocabulary" at screwed up shots due to that legendary lag. I've come to the conclusion, not scientifically, that it's WGT's way to get you to buy, buy, buy.

One possible solution that a friend of mine swears by is to take a practice swing first. Seems to reduce the chance of lag on that second swing. Let me know if it works for you (but keep it quiet so WGT doesn't "fix" it!).

[br /]

JimHacker59:

I have terrible lag on my PC or I cannot stop the pointer directly on the hitting zone any tips how to imporve this? Have tried a game booster still no joy, we had this on TW12, thanks.

Jim

• ScottHope
    10,362 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2013 6:11 AM

RSS