Forums

Help › Forums

Re: clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 3 2014 4:13 AM (9 replies)
  • biggreene
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2014 1:19 AM

can you have more then one putter in bag and choose which one to use on each hole.do you have to use the same one in game untill you change equipment

• ScottHope
    10,361 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 2:49 PM

You can only have one putter in your bag but if you purchase the stand bag plus then you can equip it with four club sets, but you are stuck with your selected set once your game has started.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 7:17 PM

biggreene:

can you have more then one putter in bag and choose which one to use on each hole.do you have to use the same one in game untill you change equipment

You can drop a club , and add another putter. The rules of golf state that a player may only have 14 clubs when playing .  Unfortunately  the game wont allow you to add 2 putters . Now as was suggested , if you purchase the bag , you could stock it any way that you want too . Good luck . :-)                                                                                                                                                                

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 10:06 PM

I'd suggest dropping your hydrid and getting 3 equally spaced wedges. They're quite cheap and will leave you shorter putts.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 10:29 PM

I too think you would improve your score with at least 2 custom wedges (Ping level 42 or better) and try and fit them in with your eventual iron set.

No need for 2 putters, you have an excellent putter - so learn how it works for you and with practice you will do well. The problem with many players is the chop and change putters (I do this in real life) and never actually learn the club well. Persist with it and you will not regret it.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:41 AM

+1 Alan!

When the Putting CTTH was introduced, I read of a "five putters" set-up, but me thinks that it's no longer possible to have more than one putter in one bag. Tried it during the free rental, to no avail.

@Courteney: Which three wedges would you propose below a 90 yds Starter PW?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2014 1:51 AM

Think to the future Alosso. He's level 83. I'd go for a 50 a 75 and a 98 ATV. The sooner someone gets weened off the hybrid pacifier the better. I'm sure he'll uprate the irons soon as when he reaches the Master tier then he'll have to. Unless he quits the game of course.

Edit

Finding a busier country club would probably help his game too as the one he's in only has 2 active members. He could probably find one that has a hundred people around his level. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2014 2:50 AM

courteneyfish:
    Think to the future Alosso. He's level 83. I'd go for a 50 a 75 and a 98 ATV.
    In this case, you are right, it's all at his discretion. Others of lower level may have a way to go to the top wedges, then future may bring a better third if the player waits.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2014 3:56 AM

alosso:
    I read of a "five putters" set-up, but me thinks that it's no longer possible to have more than one putter in one bag.

It was never possible. I tried it a little over 3 years ago during a free rental weekend. You can only have 1 putter. Your putter can only be in the putter slot and nothing else can be put in the putter slot.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2014 4:13 AM

borntobesting:
    You can only have 1 putter. Your putter can only be in the putter slot and nothing else can be put in the putter slot.

If you can't put it in the slot first time then you are putting useless !? :)

RSS