Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tour Masters Advancing To Legend

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 16 2014 11:57 AM (3 replies)
  • maruschak
    572 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 11:33 AM

I'm puzzled...I advanced to Legend via 2 wins in a MP game with a Legend;...I have a friend ( Tour Master) who I play a lot of MP games with.....his avg is 62.....he's beaten me several times and his avg NEVER goes down.........he claims WGT has it in for him because he posted a negative blog about WGT.....now moments ago...I played another Friend ( TM) ...who in fact beat me in a MP game...and he was immediately elevated to Legend!!!

Can someone enlighten me on why one player advances and another does not!   I'm simply curious!!!  Tks for any input!!....Jack

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 11:42 AM

I advanced to legend from few mp wins against legends. Its just that you have to have low avg as well as enough ranked rounds. Not just avg is enough.

There are 56 avg legend who do not become Tour legend because they do not have 500 ranked rounds. 

Will their avg go up if shoot bad score. Yes. Thats why those people play easy courses to keep avg low or quit

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 11:52 AM

maruschak:

I'm puzzled...I advanced to Legend via 2 wins in a MP game with a Legend;...I have a friend ( Tour Master) who I play a lot of MP games with.....his avg is 62.....he's beaten me several times and his avg NEVER goes down.........he claims WGT has it in for him because he posted a negative blog about WGT.....now moments ago...I played another Friend ( TM) ...who in fact beat me in a MP game...and he was immediately elevated to Legend!!!

Can someone enlighten me on why one player advances and another does not!   I'm simply curious!!!  Tks for any input!!....Jack

Are they practice,scored, or challenge match play rounds? I assume that nothing would change if the match play round is played in the practice mode. I could be wrong but it might be what's going on.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 11:57 AM

maruschak:

WGT incorporated a practice about a year and a half ago to control sandbagging and that measure that they took allowed for rapid acceleration of average drop on TM's Masters, etc that beat someone in a higher tier in MP games or that won in credits tourneys often.  So if you were a TM and you defeated a legend in match play, it would have lowered your average significantly and if you did it more than once or twice it would move you to Legend long before you were ready or wanted it.  It sounds like that is what happened.  Oh, BTW, it doesn't even consider how many ranked rounds you have when it does that either, it just assumes you are sandbagging and it gives you the tips to play from without warning!!

I think you are right BTBS, has to be a scored round not a practice round.

RSS