Re: Chrome updating flash

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 18 2014 8:13 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,361 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:04 AM

Thanks for that Wiger.

Another issue I have with Chrome at the moment is that it appears to be missing the small arrows at the ends of the horizontal and vertical scoll bars...

...doesn't cause any problems really but my image capture program uses them to scoll to grab images bigger than the window.  Anyone else lost these or is it just me?

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 11:42 AM

Lmao, Scott. Your attention to detail is uncanny!

Yup, I too no longer see the those up and down 'arrows' this end.

Btw I'm sure you are fully aware of the chrome://plugins link available to change various enable/disable settings - try typing in chrome://flags and you'll see loads of different options you may find of interest.

• ScottHope
    10,361 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 1:17 PM

Thanks Wiger, lots to get into trouble with there that's for sure and 100% of it totally over me 'ead, lol.

• Banshee1313
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:04 PM

I have found the best thing to do if you are using chrome is to disable pepperflash flash player in your plugins, and download the latest adobe flash and run it as your flash player. This cured all my problems, even that pesky spacebar issue I was having in chat. 

• ScottHope
    10,361 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 4:39 PM

Many, many posts on that Banshee (an embarrassingly high number of which are probably mine) but thanks for the confirmation.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 5:01 PM

Hey Wiger ... Scott,

You two are my virtual techies.  I Soooooo love you guys!  I can't tell you how many times I've done a search and found either of you two providing assistance!

Thanks, guys!  Keep up the good work!

Kat ♥

• ScottHope
    10,361 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 1:16 AM

Cheers Kat, I'm not a techie by any stretch of the imagination but I just don't like to see people being frustrated by these computators which seem to like doing what they want to do rather than what we want them to.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 4:44 AM

Hi Kat,

Unlike our mutual friend, Mr.Hope - I love Star Trek, esp' the original made for TV series. The latest cinema release is rather good too.

Live long and prosper.

WigerT (Kirk)

:)

Edit: Should have gone to Specsavers..... beam me up 'Scotty'

• ScottHope
    10,361 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 8:13 AM

loooool @ Wiger.

Okay, back to the missing scrollbar arrows. If anyone is missing theirs and would like them back, here's an extension you can install to restore them and their associated drag handle thingies to their former plumpness.

• PAGES
RSS