Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Am I the only person that never moves the arrow?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:35 AM (5 replies)
  • Banshee1313
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:00 PM

On every shot, be it a putt, drive, iron, wedge, you name it. I never move the arrow marker. In turn yes that means that I rarely hit the dinger unless its just perfectly lined up, but again thats rare. All i do is play the meter, thats it. If im driving and have a left to right wind.....i hit left of dinger. If im putting a left to right breaker.....I hit left of the dinger. The more severe the wind/green break is, the farther i hit from the dinger. Always keeping it inside the light blue area that is. I can't be the only one out there that does this. And it obviously isnt a bad technique considering my average isnt too bad. Everyone says you get the bad vem or whatever if you miss dings alot, but i never really get dings...simply because its not lined up to hit center so i purposely miss it. I would love to know if there is anyone else that plays this way. Im not gonna lie...my putting is pretty amazing for never moving the aimer lol!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 4:51 AM

Banshee1313:
    my putting is pretty amazing for never moving the aimer lol!

For 21 feet to the pin it just might be, but for anything else it's dire. Main problem being 21 feet to the pin is also dire.

May I suggest you take a thorough overhaul if you wish to really compete.  Up to you but what you want from the game.  Join a good CC and learn IMO.  

Banshee1313:
    And it obviously isnt a bad technique considering my average isnt too bad.

Legend would be 61 so definition of not too bad after what period of time / RRs I guess.

In fairness you are doing it with irons way below what many use, and so from that point of view very hard to tell what you may or may not be capable of. 

As to whether or not you are the only person who never moves the aim marker for any shot? My answer would be yes if comparing to people with better stats than you have. 

Up to you what you want from the game.  Gotta adapt and take the next step if want to get better IMO. Main thing is to enjoy and if that's being achieved anyway...........

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 7:17 AM

Get off SA and KIA and try that.  :-)

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 7:21 AM

yes you probably are

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 7:56 AM

Actually , after  almost 4 years of playing , you should be doing better than Tour Master  lvl 74 . Too many players think that hitting the ding , is all that is needed to play this game . Thats far from the truth . I move the marker , as it helps me to keep track of my clubs distance , for better ball placement . But I dont rely on hitting the ding , but play according to wind , and off the ding . Some one told you wrong about the vem .Hitting the ding has nothing to do with the deviation or vem that you get during play . As for putting , many players putt according to the breaks , and depending on the putter , it will depend on how they putt . So the way that you play , is no glorified act , its no big deal at all . We all play and do , what works best for our game , and thats all that we can do . :-)

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:35 AM

if it isn't broke, don't try to fix it!

RSS