Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ok this rocks

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 29 2014 11:11 AM (37 replies)
  • lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 6:58 PM

You could be right DaddysKat. I may have to re-think the stang.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 7:09 PM

Nice truck Ducati, right up my alley. I did all my own work too. My 60 Impala had an original 265 blue flame six. I bought a 327 and put over a grand into it. I was 16 and did all the work in the auto shop at school, I bored it .30, ported the heads, did some tricks to a Carter AFB carb, had cut outs on a set of hooker headers and I had a monster. It took some time to give up my Rochester, but the AFB built made a big difference. The 10-1 TRW fire slots helped too. I had a forged crank and cam made by Crane, was the *** in 1968. That was a lot of money in those days. mowing lawns and being a caddie on the weekends.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 7:28 PM

Bet it was a blast ren....that's the fun...working for the money to do it...and then doing the work....here's a quick look at the Camaro I'm on...tubbed, full cage..ladder bar rear suspension, etc....I'll let you guess whether this motor can do it or not....lol...it'll be up for sale in about another 45-60 days once I finish the wiring, paint and interior.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 7:40 PM

Very nice mate..... now you are on my style of rides...lol.

How much going to ask mate?  Also what kind of numbers this car is going run. Might have a few friends interested. Know one right now that is out of country looking at a car now.

I've been running Outlaw for about 15 years now,,, just finished a car not to long ago. See if can put up few pics. This car runs low 8's in quarter mile at 170 mph. Got a good grudge match coming in a few weeks. Should be big payday.... hehe. 

Car is 2500 lbs with me in it.  900 horsepower 776 foot pounds of torque. Not for the faint of heart.  lol. I'll try to post some videos of this thing running.... crazy sick trust me.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2014 3:53 PM

Ducati916:
    for me it's about the hobby of building/designing/fabricating..

Wish I had the skill set to take on a project like that....respect

Even managed to mess up my 'mug tree' in woodwork class !!  :-))

Andy

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2014 9:14 PM
    lol...ta Andy....believe me, I've twisted and melted more than my share of metal....I could always visualize something and build it...my weakness--I couldn't draw a mug tree to save my life.....my avatar is a masterpiece by my standards.
  • sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2014 11:11 AM

blah blah blah!

hahaha!

ok, dad get his new car tomorrow!!!!

Another customer cancelled and he can get one now!

Yay!

RSS