Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New & Interesting Challenges.......

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:23 AM (6 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:51 AM

In the last few days I have found myself in parts of the various golf courses we can play, that I have never even seen, let alone have to play from. Some of the places have left me with impossible shots and scratching my head as to what shot to play. Today I am putting up this screenshot of the 2nd green at St Andrews where I am about to play my 3rd shot. It's not that unusual a place but if I said I had to change my underwear prior to posting this, you'll understand my predicament.

The hole was playing into a headwind of 29mph. I hooked my drive slightly and it rolled into the semi rough 207 yards from the pin. I then punched a 3 wood to where the ball lies.

This thread isn't a criticism of the changes, just a bit of fun. Anyone who wishes to add any of their horror shots please feel free to do so.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 4:19 AM

Not me personally, but my roomate and I were playing together when he found himself in this predicament on #4. (notice he is on the green)

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 4:32 AM

LMAO....now that is impossible. Only funny when it isn't you.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 5:58 AM

I love the way the shot counter optimistically says "for Birdie"

There is also something else quite else quite scary about that picture, Bollox is even par after 3 holes. Thought I'd found a really horrible place on 17 with the road hole bunker in the way, but then played an astonishing shot to land 3 feet from the hole. Just a shame it was my 4th shot on the hole. lol.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:07 AM

47,000 credits. That's quite a sum :o Care to throw 1000 my way? :D

Not as tough as those above, but this is one I've had a few times. Not due to changes, just because I suck. It's gone to the dogs every single time.

(Click on it for bigger version)

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:17 AM

Pangaea, I've had that one a few times as well. A couple of times I've been just too light on the putt and ended up rolling back down and off the green. About the only hope of being close, is to hit it just hard to roll over the top of the ridge. Not got it right so, but largely taken to landing on the right side of the green, so I can make it a solid 2 putt chance. it would be interesting to see a replay, if anyone does get close from that position, because I believe it is possible, just highly improbable.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:23 AM

Pangaea:

47,000 credits. That's quite a sum :o Care to throw 1000 my way? :D

Unfortunately my days of racking up the credits have come to an abrupt halt Pangaea, these new tees are making it very difficult for me. I'm sure once I've sorted out my long game those happy days will return. Ask me again in 6 months, lol.....

RSS