Forums

Help › Forums

putting since the update

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 19 2024 5:50 PM (4 replies)
  • budfat
    12 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 4:13 PM

Ever since the latest update my putting is terrible. Nothing is reliable as far as distance or slope. i asked others in my club and it seems like it mostly affected players who are above tour master. Anyone else having this problem? it is to the point where it isnt fun to play.

• callaghan159
    6,299 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2024 12:43 AM

budfat:

Ever since the latest update my putting is terrible. Nothing is reliable as far as distance or slope. i asked others in my club and it seems like it mostly affected players who are above tour master. Anyone else having this problem? it is to the point where it isnt fun to play.

I find I'm having many more lipouts and putts that have a peek in on the way by the hole. I'm not a good putter so I'm at a loss for words but what I have a hard time understanding is why is there so many times where the wind is not there when it says there is a wind. The ball goes where I put the aimer. Cross winds are the worse lately and I wont get started on approach shots that come up 10 or 15 yards short.

• Stlkcdc3
    318 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2024 5:50 PM

budfat:

Not sure if I have noticed a difference. I missed a lot of putts before and still do. Lip outs are bad but even worse is the .02 short (which is measured from the center of the cup if not mistaken). I play mostly C13 greens so when I hit what appears a nice long downhill putt and then it just stops right on the lip. I thought despite all my cursing it is still fun.   

• BlackBogey
    455 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2024 4:19 AM

callaghan159:

I find I'm having many more lipouts and putts that have a peek in on the way by the hole. I'm not a good putter so I'm at a loss for words but what I have a hard time understanding is why is there so many times where the wind is not there when it says there is a wind. The ball goes where I put the aimer. Cross winds are the worse lately and I wont get started on approach shots that come up 10 or 15 yards short.

I was noticing that myself about the putts lipping out or the vapor trail thing going right over the lip of the cup, peeking in but not dropping or even catching part of the lip.  Usually this happens from a little too much pace, so I've started hitting putts with just a fraction less power and have seen slightly better results.  It's possible WGT goosed the green speeds just a fraction I suppose, I've read elsewhere they have done that from time to time during updates.

• almancini
    205 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2024 7:39 PM

Have worked it out guys the balls have got slightly bigger and the holes slightly smaller!Sneaky hey!

RSS