Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Endless survey and only 5 credits - seriously?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 24 2014 5:42 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bluzgolf
    1,076 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2014 10:46 PM

The newest twist for me is getting the landing page saying, "You've earned credits" and not having them added to my account.

So I waited and submitted a ticket.  At this point my history listed the survey as "opened."  I received the email saying they were looking into it, then the next day my history listed the survey as credited, but no credits were added to my account.  

So, I contacted them by direct email, no reply.  I contacted WGT and I was told they could do nothing and to contact PL again, so I did.  I directly sent an email a 2nd time, again no reply.  

I then contacted WGT again and was told to wait 5-8 business days and if not credited to submitted a ticket.  Evidentially WGT has no clue about procedure, you cannot submit a 2nd ticket for the same survey.  You get a message saying, "A ticket has already been submitted."

So the moral is PL is a total crap shoot and not worth the risk of wasted time.
  • GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2014 10:50 PM

Hey jay,

jayw4862:

GolfingJMan:
    May I please have an answer from a WGT representative?  Can I also do such an exploitation (or "utilization" if it is not a glitch) of this suspected glitch that apparently others are using too?

Are you serious?

There was a bit of sarcasm in my request.  Perhaps sarcasm or facetiousness (however small amount there was) is not appropriate for this matter.  Perhaps I should amend my question:

Is using such credit gathering methods (as described in fatdan's post, and quoted with boldface emphasis in my first post of this thread) illegal or unethical in the eyes of the advertiser and/or WGT and thus impermissible—"Yes" or "No" or "Other"?

JMan

[EDIT@11:10PM PST: added the following words to my question for clarity: "and quoted with boldface emphasis"]

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2014 11:53 PM

If your watching a video did you ever notice that a 3 minute video will say done after 10-15 seconds....you can stop it and still get credited....

I doubt they care how you do it as long as they get a view for the customer....

• GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 12:45 AM

fatdan:
    If your watching a video did you ever notice that a 3 minute video will say done after 10-15 seconds....you can stop it and still get credited....

Yes I have noticed.  With those videos, a window is open for an amount of time (presumably an amount of time designated by the advertiser), which is the amount of time designated to receive credit (whether 10-15 seconds, or 1 minute and 40 seconds).  But, if one were to use a glitch and only have the pop-up video window open for 1 or 2 seconds, then that seems tantamount to the "page glitching" you mentioned earlier.

fatdan:
    I doubt they care how you do it as long as they get a view for the customer....

Maybe they do not care how one does "it."  I believe the word "it" refers to actually viewing or being on the site for the designated amount of time.  But if one isn't actually viewing or on the site for the designated amount of time, then one is not even doing "it," however it is (not) done.  And thus, they (the advertisers) probably do care how one does not do "it."

I believe anyone would care, at least to a small degree, if they were the owner of the advertising business or the advertiser paying for the ads.

JMan

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:02 AM

Survey's suck period I value my personal time a bit more than what they give you for the time they take.

GC.

• Angelseyes
    7 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 10:04 AM

Interesting, that since I made that initial post, I haven't had ANY survey to choose from, nor have I had any additional videos to the carousel OR the other videos for credits.

It really sucks ... And I definitely can't afford to put any real money on this game :-/

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 11:51 AM

Jman I hear ya, and respect your highly moral/honest take on this matter, too bad the marketing sector in this country doesn't adopt the standards your selling too!

Remember, they tell you "hey folks if you use this phone service you can make a call anywhere", but you can't, I was told "if I bought this magic pencil the scratches on my car would disappear" but they didn't, I'm told to "take this pill and you will satisfy your wife anytime of the day or night" while 25 possible side effects are scrolling across the bottom of the screen, some far worse than the problem, like death for one! I love my wife, but I ain't taken that f**** pill....

They tell me puppies are cute and they like horses so I should drink Budwieser(Whaaat, Why?), they tell me politicians are honest, one even told Bill Clinton to go on TV and tell me oral sex wasn't actually sex, I smiled but my wife didn't!

Like you I like the honest approach to everything that worked great in the 50's and 60's, and the fact that advertisers and marketer today insult my intelligence with these ads really p!sses me off.

I will still, gladly go back to the old standard of honesty is the best policy when I see a commercial that says..."Look, this pill works, but if you read all the sh!t that can go wrong at the bottom of the screen you would have to be crazy to take it, but it does work if you want to risk your life, free shipping", OR Peanut Labs gives me the 5000 or so credits they screwed me out of, and supersonic the 1000 or so I didn't receive when I trusted them to keep their word over the last 8 months! I'll post again if they do!!!!

Maybe if we keep a thread like this alive and post the marketers name and which company didn't pay us for taking the survey PL will take it a little more seriously...

• THEWIPERS
    96 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 5:41 PM

I agree.When an iced coffee costs $3-50 at Dunkin Donuts,20 bucks worth of credits doesn't seem so bad.

• THEWIPERS
    96 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 5:42 PM

Err,$3.50.

• PAGES
RSS