Re: Christmas in March!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 9 2014 3:44 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,359 Posts
    Sat, Mar 8 2014 3:40 PM

DaddysKat:
    When I got home from location in Hawaii, my adopted little sis came running over to get a hug.  My hand was in the door jam when she ran up and slammed the door on my hand.  I now have two broken metacarpal bones on my #1 and #2 finger and a tendon tear between my trapezoid and capetate bones.  Not a big deal ... it only hurts when I move my fingers on my right hand.  Thanks for reminding me about the "span style" html command!  You just have to remember to change the color of the text back to black.  Quite a bit of work ... but for you, I'll put up a red heart!
    (Aw thanks...).

Ouch! I'll bet that bloody well hurt when that door shut.......I hope you have a fully functioning hand as soon as possible 'cos it sure makes you appreciate it when you can't use it.

Anyways, I don't know much about HTML but I think the closing </span> or a paragraph </p> tag will end the colored text, but I could be wrong.  

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 8 2014 4:23 PM

ScottHope:

Ouch! I'll bet that bloody well hurt when that door shut.......I hope you have a fully functioning hand as soon as possible 'cos it sure makes you appreciate it when you can't use it.

Anyways, I don't know much about HTML but I think the closing </span> or a paragraph </p> tag will end the colored text, but I could be wrong.  

Another four weeks for the break to heal ... then I go under the knife ... then PT ... I should be good as new in 6 months or so.

As for html editing:

I put this text in red.  (ended the text with <p></p>)

Is it still red? (ended this line with <span style="color:blue">)

How about now? (ended with just the </span>)  Text remained blue.

Now it should be back to black.  To reset to black, you have to enter <p>.</p>.  Each new line will duplicate the span until you turn it off!

Thanks, Scott!  Something else to play with now!

Kat

• ScottHope
    10,359 Posts
    Sat, Mar 8 2014 4:42 PM

Thank you Kat, I think my head just fell off!  lol.  (it doesn't take much to do that)

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 8 2014 5:51 PM

ScottHope:

Thank you Kat, I think my head just fell off!  lol.  (it doesn't take much to do that)

While this is fun, it sure is a huge pain! Also, when you set the background color, it remains throughout the paragraph.

Just don't make any mistakes while typing HTML code!  Lol.  

Nasty

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sun, Mar 9 2014 3:44 AM

justacowboy:

just a idea !  for all you folks that have a extra few dollars to spare ...instead of giving it away here on WGT  ( remember folks here have some money ..they paid their bills  and have some extra to pay the  $30 + to have their internet monthly )  how about going to the people on the streets that really think about where their next meal is going to be ?  just think you can hand out acouple $5 bills and make acouple people  really happy......  true you wont get all the bullcrap of people on here saying awwwww your so nice  bla bla bla  .....but in your heart youll feel so good  ( if that matters to you )      THINK ABOUT IT   !!!!!!!!!

Hi!

Actually I already do give quite a lot of my allowance away to the Night Haven shelter.

http://www.haven.org.za/

I also assist at one of the shelters EVERY weekend, cooking meals. And I don't do it to feel good. I do it because that's what God tells us ALL to do.

So again, I have to wonder why you feel your post is not extrinsic to my original one?

• PAGES
RSS