Help › Forums

Re: CTTH Celtic Manor

Mon, Sep 20 2010 12:39 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 4:45 AM

TarheelsRule:
    I found the link in the news site. I was able to play the drive the green hole, which I hit to about 8 feet with a 35 mph wind behind me. To play the CTTH contest it asked me to set up a totally new account and wouldn't let me use my WGT account, that seems a little odd and well stupid.

Hi Tarheelsrule. I just played this hole as well, and got to 1.7 feet from the hole. I didnt know there was a competition for this hole. I also got the same account thing as well. If there is a comp for this hole, how do i get to it? Update, 1.3 from hole.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:34 PM

Didn't see anything about a comp for this hole... tried it (thx for the link, Andy)... and here's my very first attempt! lol! Despite about 20 more tries, I never got to within 30ft after that.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:13 PM
    I hit it to about 7 feet...but have lost, long ago, any love for the green driver and the freebie golf balls.
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 9:41 AM

Hole in one here...not by me though...lol...check this thread...Drive the 15th

• Markpoole69
    4 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 9:10 PM

Yeah - anyone have any idea when you play the couse if you can play multi player?

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 11:14 PM

ccrume:

TarheelsRule:
    To play the CTTH contest it asked me to set up a totally new account and wouldn't let me use my WGT account

It takes you to that screen, but if you exit out you can play it normally with your account

I found that when I tried to log-in it told me my current game would be lost.

• LObringer
    30 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 12:36 AM

PugsAce:

Didn't see anything about a comp for this hole... tried it (thx for the link, Andy)... and here's my very first attempt! lol! Despite about 20 more tries, I never got to within 30ft after that.

Oh man - I felt some of that pain.

I took about 25 shots before I figured out the approach that gets you home with that 225 yard green driver that is suddenly thrust into your hands.

What was the killer for me was when I 'got it' finally - my next 8 or 9 shots ending up rolling FAST thru the green WAYWAY past the flag into the rough.

It was kind of like finding "Where's Waldo" for me - but when I identified the sweet sweet spot - I got that wild BOOM BOOM BOOOM sound when I hit my next shot -  the CTTH sound when its 10' or closer (we are all familiar - mostly) where a feller thinks I am holing this sumbitch shot out fers sures

Anyway - I may have the record of 32 shots to get it to 7.25 feet

But - man it felt good!

• LObringer
    30 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 12:39 AM

Meant to end that last post above with:

May have record of hitting 32 times to get into the 10' or under bubble WHILE at the same time thinking that if I hole the shot I am gonna win a car or something nuts.

Better call it a day.

• PAGES
RSS