Forums

Help › Forums

Re: moderators

Tue, Sep 21 2010 10:37 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 8:41 PM

some would, serial which is exactly why there are TOS drafted here. Suffice to say, a monitor and keyboard also help to make particular posters 10 feet tall and bullet proof. You'll see them in every forum and every tavern you visit, lol.

• serial162
    19 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:16 PM

all im trying to do is have a round of virtual golf and dont need the rubbish that was spurting from this guys keyboard.he was a tour pro status and i found that really quite offensive.i moderate on another site (not golf!) and any1 i caught doing that kind of crap would get a suspension or probable ban.this is a nice site but there are some prats on it!10 feet bullet proof screens or not

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 9:25 AM

serial162:

all my question was about was a member who i played with last night who even after being told its really quite rude to type in caps carried on but was particullaly rude to the other players

If I encounter a rude poster in a multi-play game I put a small piece of painters tape over the "chat" block so that I don't see it flashing. Painters tape will not leave glue on your screen and is easy to remove.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 10:37 AM

I'm going to let you in on a little secret as to why some people type in all CAPS.  Most of them are not shouting. 

They are just lazy. 

They don't want to think through where to capitalize so they just go with all caps to make things easy for their simple and lazy brains. 

When you type in all caps you don't have to worry about looking foolish by failing to capitalize proper nouns or words at the beginning of a sentence.

There!  I'VE SAID IT!

• PAGES
RSS