Forums

Help › Forums

moderators

Tue, Sep 21 2010 10:37 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • serial162
    19 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 5:17 PM

hi im quite new to the site,ive had it downloaded for ages but now im playing it alot over the last 2 weeks,almost getting the hang of it even!my problem is that you get a gobby prat who wants to put you off with shouting in capital letters at you!is there a rule against this?ie cap shouting?cheers chris

• pricey300
    44 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 5:38 PM

A RULE ABOUT TYPING IN CAPS LOCK, UNLIKELY!!!!!!!!!!!

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:09 PM

There is a rule, actually. If you go to the Terms and Conditions, under posting etiquette, you will find this line:

". Cause disruption by hitting the return key repeatedly or using large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, using all caps to "shout", spamming, or flooding (posting repetitive text)."

Now, whether or not the rule is enforced is the issue. With so many posts to look at, I'm sure that some will not be picked up by the mods (definitely not in game). If you have an issues with a community member's actions, you can always send an email (members@worldgolftour.com) if these problems continue. Try to include a screenshot if you can, since the WGT staff need some sort of proof before dealing with the player in question. Hope this helps, and happy hitting to everyone! =)

• asugunnu
    48 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 7:29 PM

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

• Gisky
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 4:55 AM

Hi my name is Gisky, Pleased to meet you all. I agree with the term about abusive players but also I would like to add that when playing a friendly there should be some ground rules. Ie, No leaving the game before the first 3 holes have been played, thus, one can actualy get a game out of those who moan because they never made Par! Also I seem to get connection problems quite often, I have spoken to Orange about my connection in the city which I live in and its not them, nor Plymouth UK, Nor where I live, nor my computer, so is World Golf Tour having problems with their severs and if so could they please send a message to our in-box to let us know about what is changing or how things are getting better. Many thanks. Gisky 

• serial162
    19 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 6:29 PM

all my question was about was a member who i played with last night who even after being told its really quite rude to type in caps carried on but was particullaly rude to the other players

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 7:00 PM

seriel162,

this is really a case of a player having either a lack of consideration, or a lack of knowledge of proper nettiquite; or both.

If it becomes derogatory, best to screen shot the game window with the chat window visible, and pass the screen shot along to WGT using the E-mail:

members@worldgolftour.com

I doubt that they would take any action against someone doing no more than using caps and being impolite, but I guess you never know. It is in the TOS, after all.

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 7:14 PM

VanHalenLover:

seriel162,

this is really a case of a player having either a lack of consideration, or a lack of knowledge of proper nettiquite; or both.

If it becomes derogatory, best to screen shot the game window with the chat window visible, and pass the screen shot along to WGT using the E-mail:

members@worldgolftour.com

I doubt that they would take any action against someone doing no more than using caps and being impolite, but I guess you never know. It is in the TOS, after all.

... Basically what i said VHL,  but i like your wording a little better than my own :)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 7:27 PM

bullpin,

you are (and were!) 100% correct, and I should have read ahead before I fired that off, as it was pretty much re-stating what you already posted.

next time, beers are on me!

VHL

• serial162
    19 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 8:07 PM

VanHalenLover:
    next time, beers are on me!

ok mines a pint of cider please.more to the point would they use that kind of language in front of a female on a real golf course?

• PAGES
RSS