Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Dinner

Thu, Mar 12 2015 3:08 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 6:36 AM

Funny OP @ SP..... the innocence of youth is a joy to behold at times.

Re Dinner/Pets

I can remember a Xmas dinner about 3/4 years ago when the family had gathered to celebrate the occasion - think about 14 folk were there.

My wee Mum, since passed away, was among the guests as we all sat around the table tucking in..... suddenly a  loud 'phaaaaarttttt' sound was heard by all followed by the distinct odour of methane in the air!

Straight away I've scolded the family mutt and was about to send it out the room when......  Betty, my 80 year old Mum,  piped up ;

"Leave the ruddy poor dog alone...it was me!"

There was an awkward silence whilst all sat mouth's agape not knowing what to say until Betty herself burst out laughing, we seen that as permission to join in and all had tears of laughter streaming down our own faces. A great memory for me of a wonderful woman.

Now..........

WGTicon:
    I liked the use of buxom, matronly lady

What you do in the privacy of your own home, or dingy motel, really has no place on the forums, Icon - you really should know better.... LOL

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 8:17 AM

WigerToods2010:

Now..........

WGTicon:

What you do in the privacy of your own home, or dingy motel, really has no place on the forums, Icon - you really should know better.... LOL

C'mon Johnny  erm.....we all know Icon's got this thing about buxom, matronly ladies!

LOL

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 8:48 AM

andyson:

WigerToods2010:

Now..........

WGTicon:

C'mon Johnny  erm.....we all know Icon's got this thing about buxom, matronly ladies!

LMAO ... nice one professor!  And welcome back, Johnny!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 7:05 AM

I thank you all for taking the time to read my little story. All of you are in my "who's who" of people here I admire and like... I like my "ham & eggs" the same way that Opy does. And Andy? Your idea for something more is perculating...just remembering the details...it has more hue and less tint...

Lily

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2015 9:07 AM

SweetiePie:

Having three older brothers kept me in all the lastest, hip, slang words...mostly filthy. I over heard them talking about a pretty, jr high girl and they were saying how horny she looked. I assumed "horny" meant "pretty" or nice looking. I was 9 yrs old. My parents were having a dinner party and I was included to properly set the dining table, with our finest china, silver, crystal and serving items. It had a beautiful floral centerpiece. I was also expected to display my proper table manners, best etiquette and protocol. The guests were Mr. & Mrs. Hightower, Mr. & Mrs. Hardin, Mr. & Mrs. Knowle and My parents, Mr & Mrs. M.

Everything was perfect. Lively conversation, congenial behavior...polite society. I performed beautifully, also being seen and not heard. I felt I should say something. I addressed Mrs. Knowle, a buxom, matronly lady with kind radiation. "Mrs. Knowle, you look really horny this evening"...utter silence, shock...then a burst of uncontrollable, unanimous, hysterical laughter. Mr. Knowle got caught with a mouth full of red wine that went spewing everywhere. Then composure, then rib-spliting all over again. The thing had serious hang-time. Later, I was told to never say horny again. I asked why? What does it mean?... How do you define "horny" to a 9-year old girl?

This story was talked of last evening. My Father brought it up. I still can't define "horny", but I do know what it means.

~SP~   

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2015 10:46 AM

Old memories...

This is about a girl from my neighbourhood going to vacation to France, to a female penfriend and her parents. There she suffered a linguistic faux ami - a false friend.

This is what I heard:

She did well in the new environment, using her French for nice conversation. Once, at Lunch, the hosting Lady asked if she wanted some more to eat. Translating from German "Ich bin voll" - I am full - she kindly refused, "Merci, je suis plain".

Sheer horror in the hosts' faces, sheepish silence followed, because it would have been scandalizing if a 14 yo. would have become pregnant under their protection,
    in the 60s!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2015 12:52 PM

hard to believe this thread started almost a year ago.  Where'd the time go???? 

LOL

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2015 3:08 PM

Icon has taken things further...

• PAGES
RSS