• PAGES
  • spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 7:19 AM

Jimbog1964:

spdemon:
    yep 

Please elucidate then:)

Look some one like a HansW who was genuinely just a great genuine player I do not have any problem with getting TL early.  Why hold back a genuine talent like that, same as anything in like.  If they are doing it properly like that fair play on that one.

some players r just great bro 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 7:26 AM

JRTexas1949:
    in the case of the WGT Tour Master I pointed out above, HOW does that player expect to compete at the Legend tier?

Unless they have the levels in to access the better equipment they won't. Even the ones that leveI up behind the scenes in AS, Blitz, etc. and beat Legends in MP to get there will still have to learn how to play from the back tees. I don't have a problem with any players making it to Legend in a hurry because you ain't gonna be fooling anybody anymore. You can either play or you can't, it'll show up. TL's even better because you have to have seen virtually every situation in 500 rounds of 30s and then it becomes a question of execution. 

I, for one, if I had to start over for whatever reason , would endeavor to get to the highest tier as fast as I could only because that's where the real players are. 

• JRTexas1949
    42 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 7:35 AM

Thanks, Jim, alosso & others for your experienced & informative input here.

Glad to read that the TL tier seems protected. 

Seems, as best I can tell from where I am now, there is a MAJOR difference in talent from top to bottom in the Legend Tier.  I can almost see the Legend Tier divided into 2 different tiers.  As I'm sure there are differences in the talent levels at the TL tier too.

Sorry, alosso, that I most likely misquoted you in this thread; Thanks for helping me understand that better.

• togemag
    991 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 9:42 AM

YankeeJim:
    I, for one, if I had to start over for whatever reason , would endeavor to get to the highest tier as fast as I could only because that's where the real players are. 

I agree 100% Jim. By going thru it once this would help you to move quickly to a higher tier, but once you have reached that tier that you were in, it will show. Thats why I would not ask WGT for a new profile, unless there was some unforeseen reason to do so.

Hit It Where You Want Um!

Cheers: Jim

• JRTexas1949
    42 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 10:08 AM

Well said, YankeeJim!

I have to totally agree that, unless you've played the many WGT courses, put in the many rounds it really takes to learn and be good at WGT golf, really learn how & when to use the various clubs, it's doubtful you can succeed here.  Oh, you can call yourself a Legend or whatever you like.  But, you won't be worth a darn, LOL.

This is not an easy learning curve.  I'm looking forward to eventually reaching the Legend tier, but, I know I have to learn as much as I can at the Tour Master tier; improve my game, etc., or there's no way I'll have much of a chance at the next level.

I just don't see any short cuts here to being really good at this.  If members really believe there are any short cuts, like Jim said, they are only fooling themselves.

• PAGES
RSS