Forums

Help › Forums

Re: sloping lies

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 2 2014 7:35 AM (6 replies)
  • steelyduke
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 12:10 PM

i though all lies in games were deemed flat unless playing "uneven lie" games?

Well my comp was ruined due to a strike on an uphill lie (3rd st.georges i saved a replay)

which was 47 yds to the pin,i stuck it perfect on the ding and it shot straight left like i`d hit it out the hosel are we to expect similar results from slopes?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 2:17 PM

Strong uphill lies, especially from rough, tend to have this variance. It may be in the mapping, but another possible reason is the position of the aimer. Sometimes it moves very closely to the ball, showing only a few yds distance instead of 100+ which is the shot. Then, I can imagine that the display fools the player, real aiming being far off the intended aim. (you can even turn the avatar backwards inadvertedly).

• ScottHope
    10,357 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 2:41 PM

Something very odd about this replay. It shows that you are on the fairway, but this closeup of the lie, is definitely not fairway grass.....

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 6:13 PM

I watched the shot from all angles. Your replay description is properly named. Have no idea why the ball goes so hard left other than it looked like you were playing in Uneven Lies.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 7:02 PM

i had a similar shot on bethpage 15 the other day - from the rough just above the bunker. was playing an alt shot match (even lies) and this thing just shot out at 90 degrees and went maybe 30% of the distance i wanted.

i did think to myself maybe some UL algorithm has escaped and infected the mainframe.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 6:24 AM

steelyduke:
    i stuck it perfect on the ding and it shot straight left like i`d hit it out the hosel

I imagine this was you at your computer.... LOL  

• steelyduke
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 7:35 AM

ha ha ha  true,only my language was a little bit more colorful !! lol ....

RSS