Re: Blitz quitting and suggestion.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 14 2010 4:12 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 6:16 PM

Yoda79:
    You know. I can't even play a game of blitz without somebody quitting. When I play I like to play with 4 people. I think it makes it that more exciting. But I can't even do that without worrying about somebody quitting because they are 10,000 or more points behind after the 4th challenge hole. Awwwwwwww poor little babys. Do you not know how to mount a comeback? Do you think it's impossible so why even try? If that's you then don't even bother playing. Think about the others that are playing and at least show some respect to the others and take your loss like a man (or woman).

Son of a gun, people quitting a game that doesn't affect their average!!

Hey Faterson,  how would you handle quitting Blitz games with Reputation Tracking??

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 10:08 AM

i couldn't agree with you more yoda. i like to play with 4 on blitz too. i haven't been able to play for a few days, but i thought they fixed the quitters freezing the rest out. [is it still happening in blitz?] either way, starting with 4, and finishing by yourself takes the fun out of it and is frustrating. friends aren't always available, and sometimes it's fun to play with new people. and like you said, common courtesy goes a long way. maybe a 10,000-point deduction for "unauthorized" quits, and a 1,000 for "authorized", where the other players agree to let them quit, in addition to the "reputation" ding, might improve the experience for all of us.

by the way, my "blacklist" is up to something like 35 players. shameful [and sad]. being able to create or join a game where my "blacklisted" players aren't allowed to play with me and i'm not allowed to join a game they are in, would be really cool. it's difficult to scan 35 players names for the other 3 that are in the game. and if i'm not quick enough about it, i am forced to either quit or play with my blacklisted player after the game has started. if i quit, i get the [proposed] points/reputation ding. vicious circle.....

i'll continue to try and be positive, enjoy the games, and hope for these enhanced changes, along with scorecard saving, multiple green speed options, saving replays in multiplayer games, and a spectator mode.

did i mention beer in the pro shop? :)

• LFerrell
    70 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 3:19 PM

play with your friends?

• happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:09 PM

What I tend to do is wait until the 9th hole and then add them as a friend that way I know there not quiters. So far only got 3 friends that in its self tells a story to WGT about how many quiters are on here.I am sure WGT could easy fix this by adding a place on there page telling others how many times they have quit a game before its fhinshed after all they can keep all your other info about you.Time to get your finger out WGT and listen!!!

• RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 10:19 PM

Yoda register on WGTLS.CO.UK.    Then go to meet n greet room.  Type that you are new.  Always people there willing to help.  Remember this.  We were all new once.  Quitters get a yellow card.  Three cards and they gone.

• dispatch123
    2 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 1:56 AM

hope you fellas don't stroke out over all the stress those quitters put on you.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 5:12 AM

LFerrell:
    play with your friends?

Did I ever tell you about the time someone quit on me. I know you will not believe me, but

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 3:23 PM

dispatch - it's a matter of courtesy and respect, and quitting on the other 3 is childish, irritating, and takes the fun out of a 4some match. it's just a bummer, that's all. let's not overexaggerate, it's as simple as that.

• cornholieo
    12 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 4:12 AM

Ha HA you must have invested $80 in better equipment, now the noobs dont want to play with you so you want to call them out , so funny!

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 11:05 AM

It is hard to understand why people quit a game that has no effect on average. Do people really care that much about losing a comp that's just for fun? I would have been majorly bummed if I had been unable to continue my high-scoring Blitz. I was playing against one other gent and got 2 HIO. I appreciated him playing it out, and even sending me a friend request afterward. Super nice guy.

People do sometimes have to quit for legitimate reasons, but I think one possible solution might be 3 quits in 30 days and you're banned from Blitz for 30 days.

• PAGES
RSS