Re: Andria's

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 9 2014 10:27 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 7:53 AM

fatdan:

Can't be as good as the steaks they serve, we used to go there once or twice a year, about 45 minute from my house...

If you seen Andria's you would really be amazed the sauce is so tasty, it is a old house that is pretty well hidden between Belleville, O'Fallon, and Fairview Heights IL....and as hard to get into without a reservation as it is hard  to find...

Well Dan, nice vouch. Thank you. Say, if you like ribs, you are only about 280 miles away from some of the best of the best..."Charlie Vergo's" in Memphis is to die for, and again it is the sauce....which can be had on-line if you don't feel up for a drive. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 10:27 AM

LOL, Been there...

My 2 youngest girls played  club soccer from age 8 through high school, so we spent most of the year going to tournaments from Colorado to Carolinas and Chicago to Florida...

We went to Memphis  twice a year, and we pretty well ate at every restaurant in the Beale St. area, the most memorable experience was BB Kings fruit fly infested restaurant...I couldn't believe it was open the flies were so bad...great BBQ but Kansas City is right there with them, w/ 2 kids playing we were in the KC suburb Overland Park so many times a year everyone called me for directions to everything I knew that town so well...lol

The problem was halfway way to and from Memphis you go through Sikeston MO., home of the "Throwd Roll" , Lamberts Restaurant....best homestyle cooking in the Midwest and "ALL you can eat",  the folks come from as far as Alabama to wait 1-4 hrs to eat...you are so full when you get to Memphis your not hungry for at least a day, and your not sure you have the will power not to stop again on the way home so you want to save room in the old stomach in case your overwhelmed by the temptation...

Last time we went to Fla. one of them played in Westin(outside of Miami) for 3 days, and the other played in Orlando the following day, also a 3 day tournament, all on their Christmas break from school...we ate every meal at the hotels or fast food, took all of us a month to recover from that one.

MY d@mn kids are the reason I had to change my username from "slimdan" to "fatdan", lost 25 lbs now that they are off to college...

• PAGES
RSS